Please send suggestions for my scriptwriting

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tpott05

Post by tpott05 »

ok i have a question i wen into the tools text documnet and i change all of the tolls that came in the zip file to fa so that it replaces the original buttons so how do i take the tools and their buttons out of the box that says other
Genete

Post by Genete »

Place the line for each tool inside the proper section in the_ tool_list.txt file from the scripts folder. For example place the replacement select point tool in the same row than the original from LM. You have to remove (change the name of the file is enough, don't delete it) the original equivalent tools from LM, EXCEPT the translate point tool. The translate point tool is hard coded selected after usage of other tools, so if you disable it you can obtain some crashes.

-G
tpott05

Post by tpott05 »

are there any tools to unbind points without deleting part of object
wanderingtaoist

Post by wanderingtaoist »

tpott05 wrote:are there any tools to unbind points without deleting part of object
Under the Bone menu.
super8mm

Repeat last action script?

Post by super8mm »

Can a Repeat last action script exist or possible?

Such as if I select points or bones, then scale, rotate, move them. Then I can call a script to repeat the last action as many times as I want on different selected points or bones until I do something else.
gravly

Post by gravly »

From what I can tell Fazek's 'Universal Select' tool is no good for ASPro 6.2 on Linux (and it sounds like all AS 6+ versions) unless you are content to auto-weld only. The problem is the same as Vern described on page 8 of this thread for the FA Create Shape tool. Space just triggers Play and won't weld points. Also I notice that while autoweld works it doesn't give you the nice green highlight the LM tool does.

As Vern also commented in that post the LM tool has some special magic to make space NOT trigger play on Frame 0. If you set the preference to be able to use drawing tools from any frame and then try to draw on any Frame other than 0 then the LM tool has this same problem...

Unrelated - I am wondering why Fazek didn't have delete line segment on a modifier in the add line segment tool.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Do Fazek's tools work under AS8 Pro?

I got used to using them in AS 6, much more user friendly imho.

Where can I find other cool tool additions that work in AS8 Pro?
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

I really liked Fazek's tools, but they don't work in AS8.

Since these are scripts, could they be re-written to work under the newer version?

How can you determine what it is that's wrong with them? I'm, very surprised that no one has done this yet, or written new similar tools. Am I missing something?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Which ones don't work. I've had about 5 of them installed and they work, ASP8.2. Do you have the utilities lua. installed?
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

jonbo wrote:Which ones don't work. I've had about 5 of them installed and they work, ASP8.2. Do you have the utilities lua. installed?
Gee, I don't know. Does that get installed with the program? or do I need to install it separately?

I just dragged Fazek's tools into the tools folder, where they were under version 6. I got a long string of error messages. Maybe I did something wrong?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Yeah, you need the utilities lua. Go to ASP6>SCRIPTS>UTILITIES folder, and find the fa_sharedutils lua. copy and paste it into ASP8>SCRIPTS>UTILITIES folder.
SpaceBoy64

Post by SpaceBoy64 »

Thanks!!
Dodgy

Re: Please send suggestions for my scriptwriting

Post by Dodgy »

I've updated Fazek's tools to work with the new tool hiding behaviour. Does anyone need these or have I repeated someone else's work?

Regards,
Mike
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Dodgy wrote:I've updated Fazek's tools to work with the new tool hiding behaviour. Does anyone need these or have I repeated someone else's work?
Regards,
Mike
I would love to have that. Could you upload the pack to http://www.animestudioscripts.com?
Thank you very much.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

Sent Selgin. No problem! I always did find the tool menu unwieldy on my laptop with its limited screen height and had to uninstall tools to allow for a larger docked channel editor. Now in 8 I can have more tools again! Now if I could just get Actions panel docking that'd be nice!