MoRen

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fazek

Post by Fazek »

If you made the render farm client software, I would like to port it to Unix systems, if you don't mind. Please use a transparent messaging system, for example with creating, modifying and deleting simple files (with ASCII-7 filenames) as request messages. Or you want to use some IP-based protocoll?
- - - Fazek
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Sorry about the delay.

I'm actually installing Ubuntu as I post. So I hope to have something for linux as well. ;)
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Lost Marble,

Ok, I've compiled MoRen on the latest Ubuntu and came across a problem. I wanted to render one jpg image. So I set the start at frame 7 and the end at frame 7. It went ahead and rendered all 50 (Lenny Dance). Has a single frame worked before on linux?

EDIT: Let me do some more testing. I see it runs fine from the terminal.
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

Hello,

I tried your zip file under Linux with wine. The GUI works fine but of course it cannot run the native linux Moho this way. But if the render farm version will work (with native clients) the Windows GUI will be usable under Linux too.
- - - Fazek
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I'll have a linux version for you soon. Just have to figure out why it's not rendering properly.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Download the linux version. Nothing has been updated. This was just to see what needed to be changed for the linux version, code wise. But of coarse, let me know if something isn't working correctly. Also, this needs to load the "Bitstream Charter" font. I had to specify a font and set the size or the text would have been huge and overlapped. If this isn't a common font for linux, let me know of one that is. :wink:

Oh, and just type the extension in such as ".png', ".jpg", ".swf", and so forth when you, "Save As".
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Lost Marble,

Or anyone really. How does verbose mode work? I wasn't sure if it printed out to the terminal, opened a window from Moho, or if you had to catch some text from some where?
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

It works (Linux)! Thank you!!!

A very useful thing could be a .morenrc file in the user's home directory to remember the location of the last used files. Under Windows maybe you can write these to the registry.

Now I just have an idea to make a Lua interface for some render support. One of my problems was that I cannot access the rendering features of Moho from Lua. I know Moho is needed to run its lua programs, but to call Moho as an external program from Moho, to render something, is a really interesting solution and maybe I will use it somewhere.

Thank you again!
- - - Fazek
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

I'm glad you like it. I totally agree on a option to save your settings and it will be added. More is to come soon. ;)
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Sorry guys, it's been awhile since I worked on this. I had got stuck on the linux version but now that's fixed. Just had to take a break from it for awhile.

Anyways, I updated both versions. They both save previous settings to a file. And they both open *.moho and *.anme files, even though it just read "Anime Studio File". Linux got updated to the newer gnome interface and renders start and end frames better.

Now I can start on batch versions soon. ;) Download from my sig.

EDIT: Added screenshots to the first post.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

MoRen for windows has been updated. Now displays remaining time in a console window. There's a delay/pauses on getting the info from AnimeStudio. Not quite sure why yet but working on it.

Download from my sig. :wink:
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

How does this work with Anime Studio Pro? There is no "moho" script file, so what do I point it to?

The main executable doesn't seem to work.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

DarkCryst wrote:How does this work with Anime Studio Pro? There is no "moho" script file, so what do I point it to?

The main executable doesn't seem to work.
It renders your animation without opening AnimeStudio by using the commandline options. Hopefully later to be an app for render farming.

Just locate the AnimeStudio.exe file. Open your *.anme or *.moho file. Save it to an avi or whatever you like. Select the options you want and click on the render button. :wink:

The current display output has a delay on receiving information because of the cpu being used for rendering.
DarkCryst

Post by DarkCryst »

Am I supposed to get any feedback? because all I have is a black dos box open.. no progress or anything.

Also - is there a way to set things like AVI codecs? Because the default is uncompressed, and that means I max out the 4gig file size limit :(
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

DarkCryst wrote:Am I supposed to get any feedback? because all I have is a black dos box open.. no progress or anything.

Also - is there a way to set things like AVI codecs? Because the default is uncompressed, and that means I max out the 4gig file size limit :(
Depending on your animation features such as "depth of field", blur, resolution size and particle usage, the cpu may never let up and therefor the console box may never recieve anything until the rendering is complete. I was hoping either mike or fahim would read this and address if there's a work around.

As for codecs, it uses the last one you used when rendering in AnimeStudio itself. I read that somewhere I beleive. Either here on the forum or in the manual.

Right now though, I'm having troubles with the avi codec always rendering with SVQ3 for some reason. For right now I have to wait until one of the AnimeStudio programmers read this topic. Sorry I couldn't be further help.