Script Download Page

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

Could someone please help me.

I am looking for sample LUA Scripts that work with MOHO. I've been having a difficult time time finding any.

First, check out the links in this thread. Most, if not all of them. are broken. The one at the top goes to the 'some nifty scripts'. Most of the links in THIS thread are broken too, but the very top link was to a zip file containing quite a few.

I thought I was good. But then I started to look at these scripts. I know they are likely extremely well written. And I'm sure a seasoned pro could understand the code. But there are NO COMMENTS in any of the scripts.

Plus, when I examine one of these scripts, they seem to be all functions and nothing happening! Since they are all from the same author the stuff he does every time I don't know if this is how it HAS to be done, or if this is just his STYLE.

It is hard to read LUA scripts, since there is no declaring of variable. Hence, a function like:

function f( d, y )

return g( d, y, d )

end

is completely uninterpretable until you understand g(,,), which itself might be 'cryptic'.

he only way to know what a variable type is is to look at how it is being used... if it calls a function with a particular name that can give you a clue as to what object type to look for.

But, I'm trying to learn. That means if I don't recognize a function name, I have to find the object type in the LUA or MOHO document that has that function. This require searching the manual by hand, since it has no search engine. It has to be search in its entity, even if you find the function or variable name, since you have to make sure nothing else is using the same name for something else.

So, as someone who is trying to learn, I need examples from at least two different authors, and I need them to COMMENT their work.

So, what I need is someone to point me to some SIMPLE EDUCATIONAL LUA/MOHO scripts.... and please be sure beforehand that the link actually isn't broken! ;)
[==Peter==]
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I'm thinking on remove the sticky category to this post. The links posted are very old, most of them are broken and the useful scripts which are here, are already on other Stickied posts.
What do you think?

PD: Maybe you don't know, but now I'm one of the forum moderators. I will try to keep the forum free of spam, but also to try to keep the important info visible for all new and old users. If someone have any idea to improve the forum (inside the moderator possibilities), or consider some thread should be sticky, don't doubt on write me directly or discuss it on the same thread. Thank you :wink:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

selgin wrote:

PD: Maybe you don't know
I knew i knew (look at last message):viewtopic.php?p=100114#100114

About your question, I don't know because the only script I ever used is one to control sketchy effects on all layers. Not because I'm not a fan, but because I'm still thinking to explore in depth the originale features. anyway, great idea to make a new sticky post with all the scripts. Maybe when I will be more confident I will start using them...