An Automatic shadow feature

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

TDolce

An Automatic shadow feature

Post by TDolce »

OK,..I'm just throwing this out there and not even sure it's possible.

Is there a way someone out there (reaching out to the programming experts) could come up with a plugin that allows for a nice shadow to automatically be placed behind or beneath a character after it is animated and finished or during the entire process? You could control how far back or how large or small and even the perspective angles of the shadow. I've seen this option before somewhere (probably on a million dollar professional 2D animation package) and thought this would truly be a neat function/feature for Moho.

If I'm reverting back to Ricardo Montalban's "FANTASY ISLAND" I do so apologize.

Todd
Todd Dolce
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Take a look at Tutorial 6.5 in the user's manual. It shows a way to create a perspective shadow. While the tutorial shows the steps to do this manually, it could certainly be automated by a script as well. Extra parameters could be added to adjust angle, size, and other variations. There is no such script right now, but it's definitely possible.

P.S. Please avoid duplicate posts (I deleted the other one). Once people start responding, it sucks to have a thread split in two. If you're worried about missing posts, the best thing to do is click the "View posts since last visit" link each time you come to the forums.
TDolce

me and my shadow

Post by TDolce »

LM,

My bad,..sorry for the duplicate post. I think I had a brain function lapse as I certainly know better.

Yes,..this would be great if a script could be written for such a task. I could see it now,..create a character,..click a shadow button and away you go to the settings and an automatic shadow that follows the character wherever he/she/it goes.... NICE!

TD
Todd Dolce