A Script for Animate Camera Focus Distance...

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rai López

A Script for Animate Camera Focus Distance...

Post by Rai López »

Sorry, it is only the idea... It'll be very usefull (and cool) if camera depth of fiel could be animated... Well, meanwhile Moho can't do it, because this parameters are not "keyframeable", somebody could write an script that animate the Focus Distance in base of the depth of selected layer or another that we can choose in a dialogue box (for example), I don't know if this is possible with LUA, but I think that if LUA can, it'll be an easy way of do it (not for me, of course) ...Focus Range and Max Blur Radius could be asociated too with the Opacity and Blur Radius parameters of this layer, so this could be animated too, but this is less important than Focus Distance, I think... Well, this controls can seem a little strange (or weird) but it could be only an provisional tool until moho can do it, if somebody have another idea it´ll be very good know it; THANKS for readme and BYE.

PD: Another usefull script would be one that with a line path drawed, a layer (or a camera) could follow it...
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Both good ideas. I believe, since you can keyframe layer blur, that there almost must be a way to write a depth of field script as you describe. For the camera follow, it would be more straightforward to translate a blank layer (so you could see the path) and then have the camera follow that layers origin. These are both areas where there are hints of how to do it in the names of functions in the Lua API, but there are many that don't have examples to follow in the current scripts. Just have to wait for a description.

--Brian