And now for something completely different-In/De Flate tool

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

7feet

And now for something completely different-In/De Flate tool

Post by 7feet »

Well, not entirely, but it is pretty much the first thing I've put up here thats not a tweak of something else. Sombody had asked for something like the Pump tool in the Tab. So I gave it a shot. Not wanting to get involved in any trademark infringement, I decided to call it Flate (y'know, inFlate, deFlate, okay, there's a reason I'm not in marketing). click on the mouse and drag near a line and the line width where you pass will be increased (or by holding down the <ALT> key as well, decreased) by an increment you pick. If an individula point is a little out of whack, just click (or <ALT> click ) near it a few times to bring it into line. SO, without further ado-

Flate

Lemme know what you think.

--Brian
Last edited by 7feet on Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

I can't wait to give it a try, Brian, but the link seems to be dead.

Please advise.

HL
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Sorry, the server is case sensitive on filenames and I forgot a capital letter on part off the URL. It's all good now.

--Brian
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Incredible, Brian. It works a little different than in The Tab, but it accomplishes the same task. In fact, once I get used to it, I think I'll like yours better! Thanks a million!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Well, once you've played with a while let me know if there are any improvements I can make. Glad you like it so far.

--Brian
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

It does work great. I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me.

I will go ahead and explain how the pump in The Tab works just in case you'd like to add that additional functionality as well. Basically, if you click it inflates just as your tool does, but if you click and hold, the behavior is different. Holding and dragging against the curve defaltes. Holding and dragging with the curve inflates. With your ALT key method and the ability to set the increment, your tool has incredibly more precision, but it might be worth adding the drag behavior just for the sake of speed when working with the tool.

Thanks again for all of your hard work. It is much appreciated.