Please help me to test this code!

Moho allows users to write new tools and plugins. Discuss scripting ideas and problems here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fazek

Please help me to test this code!

Post by Fazek »

I am trying to make a new topic but it seems I can't. I think a spam filter disables to write what I want. Sorry. I wanted to ask to help testing a shared library, but simply I can't post my text into the forum.
It's here: http://www.firkafilm.com/moho/lua_in_python-0.9-src.zip
- - - Fazek
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Strangely enough, I clicked you link, and my browser opened up to a page of foreign characters, looks to be oriental although I don't know if it's japanese, chinese, korean, etc....

I clicked it thinking there'd be a read me in the ZIP so I could tell what it was... Perhaps a description of what this tool does? Might actually ignite more interest from people if they knew what they were testing...
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi Fazek, I don't really know anything about programming, scripting etc. but I really would like to help you if you can tell me what I shall do, anyway I runned the commands in terminal and this is what I've got:

sorry I'm not permitted to reply with the teminal code I got, I will zip it later and make a link for you.... :(

here's what happened in terminal:
http://www.musikboden.se/animestudio/te ... de.rtf.zip
myles

Post by myles »

Fazek, do you also know about Lunatic Python, another attempt at a Lua-P ython (and Python-Lua) bridge?

wizaerd, that's your browser unsuccessfully trying to display a binary zip file as HTML. Right-click on the link and Save As - it's a zip file and, yes, a readme file is included. It's a Lua-P ython bridge, to enable the full power of P ython (batteries included) from within a Lua script.

Hmm, seems something about the word P ython (without the space, upper or lower case) is hitting a sensitive spot in the forum software.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

How very odd, every other ZIP file I've ever clicked on (and I've clicked quite a few in my lifetime), it's always promoted me to either Open or Save... this is the first time it's ever taken me to a web page, showing me a foreign language...

I'm a 12 year vet of the web, so clicking a URL with a ZIP in it is not new to me...
myles

Post by myles »

Hi wizaerd,

it might be a MIME file type issue between Fazek's web server and your browser. I'm assuming it is showing you the usual random characters which are displayed when a text viewer tries to display a binary file.

However, we're hijacking Fazek's thread - back to the topic!

Regards, Myles
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Fazek

Post by Fazek »

That Lua-P* bridge looks interesting. Thank you! I'm thinking to use P* as a script language for the programming (GUI tools etc.) and Lua as an embedded script language inside the scenes. I will check this program because I supposed it is not possible to compile a string in P* (perhaps only if I make an object file, execute and delete it). But maybe I will learn something new.

Embedded script is a security hole for virus writers (perhaps, even in Anime Studio - the Layerscripts). So I don't want to support P* from Lua, and maybe I will restrict the io 'library' of Lua too. So I want to write my own library, and this lunatic thing is very good for this.

About the zip file: it is a usual open source program, so you can run first ./configure, then make (I hope it is the same under OS X). There is no 'make install' because nothing to install yet.

I would like to ask Windows experts to check it and try to compile it with a C compiler. I really don't know how Windows C compilers works, but the 'configure' is a unix shell script so I'm pretty sure it won't run under Windows.

The OS X results are also interesting. I think the scripts will run, but I'm not sure about the compiler flags CFLAGS. It is special if you make a shared object. I also don't know what is the usual name extension for the shared objects (.so in linux).

Please try to compile it. I hope if this program is running on a platform, the more complicated development will run as well.
- - - Fazek