How do I delete these keyframes?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

How do I delete these keyframes?

Post by synthsin75 »

I've run into this a couple of times. I've got two keyframes in my point curvature channel that I cannot delete. I have no idea what causes this. Is it a bug?Anme file here
I know it's an ugly file, but I had to ask while I was running into the problem. I have no idea how or why it happens.
KenW

Post by KenW »

Here is how i was able to delete the key frames at frame 30 & 32.

1. highlight both key frames at frame 30 & 32 then copy them

2. next go to frame zero and highlight the key frame at frame 0

3. paste key frames from 30 & 32 to frame 0

4. you should now have key frames at frame 2, 30 & 32

5. highlight all three and delete and viola ! you're done. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Hey thanks. Any idea of what's causing this, or even why doing as you said works? I had tried copying and pasting these elsewhere, but it didn't work.
KenW

Post by KenW »

Not sure why this occurs because it hasn't happened to me often enough for me to explore its cause. perhaps those like HeyVern, Slowtiger or Genette who have lots of experience with this software may have an idea. :D
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

There appears to be the possibility of creating a key frame on a frame with out having a key on frame 0. For instance if you create a NEW vector shape DIRECTLY on frame 20 there is no key on frame 0 for the point motion or the stroke curve. If you try to delete the key on frame 20 there is no point position to "reference" from frame 0.

As long as you don't create new vectors on frames ABOVE 0 for the "first time" you are fine. If you create a vector on a vector layer on a frame other than 0 this very odd behavior occurs.

Don't ask me why, I have no idea. I think it has to do with how AS works. Touching or moving a point makes a key frame even on frame 0. So when you create a new shape on a frame OTHER than 0 you never touch or move the points on 0 so there is no key, so how can you delete keys elsewhere if there is no key to tell the program where the points should be? The 0 frame is the "reference" frame for EVERYTHING. If there are no keys in the document the default position is always frame 0.

This would explain why sometimes I get a shape where all the points "zap" into one spot on one point. That doesn't happen often.

-vern
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I kinda figured it had something to do with referencing frame 0. I thought I was being careful not to create on other frames, but turning on the other channels, I found keys I didn't mean to make. Thanks, now I know better.