Rotating problem And Broadcasting Problem

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

creative_hina

Rotating problem And Broadcasting Problem

Post by creative_hina »

Dear Moho users,

I am a begineer at moho .. I have been using it for about six to eight months.....and i am now developing an animation for a tv brand..... and i am experiencing a problem .. I am making a vehicle to move from one place to another.everythign is still just the whole object is in one layer...i have made tire in the new layer.. and i added action in the tire layer to rotate it .. and when i used to rotate it, it is squeeezing and stretching and squeezing and streching... nothing happeneing next...:) Its not properly moving ...... i am unable to understand whats going on here... and what options i should have to change in the layer or what technique should i have to use in i t....

the next problem is that if i have to render an animation what will be the proper render quality for broadcast on tv.... for eg resoltuion, frames per second.. ?

PLease somebody help me.. the work on animtion has been stopeed just because of the above problems..... this is my first animation and i am very much excited and keen to complete it........

Waiting for your helping replies,
Hina Kehkashan.
Winners never quit and quitters never win
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

When you rotated the tire, did you use the Rotate Points tool? That would be the problem right there. When you rotate points or scale them, what you're really doing is just changing their location to a new position. Points only understand position, so when you use the tool the tool moves them in a rotating motion, but the points only remember the start and end positions. When you play back the animation, they move directly from the start position to the end position, henc the weird squashing effect.

The Rotate Points tool is useful when setting up a drawing, but not very useful for animation.

To rotate the tires, you have two options:

1. Put the tire in its own layer and rotate that layer, using the Rotate Layer tool. Be sure the layer origin is set at the center of the tire.

2. Use bones. Place a bone so that its base point is at the center of the tire. Bind the entire tire to that bone, and make sure the rest of the car is bound to bothing. Then, when you rotate the bone, the tire will rotate with it.
creative_hina

Its done

Post by creative_hina »

Thanks Moho Administrator. i did the same you said and It rotated easily... Thanks a lot... You all are very helpful......
Thanks
Hina
Winners never quit and quitters never win
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

"Winners never win and quitters never win" -- doesn't that mean nobody ever wins?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

If you could have everything, then you would also have a place to put it all.