Content Paradise information

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Post by DK »

Hi canny.
Sorry just woke up down here.Yes, that is basically the setup.

Cheers
D.K
wena

Post by wena »

DK
you said about "switch layers work!!! So I included tutorials to show people how to use the AS functions they way I set them up."

Where are these tutorials, I have the problem of setting up and understanding switch layers.

Wena
Matsuemon

Vector vs Rastor

Post by Matsuemon »

DK wrote:That's an interesting question chucky...I never even thought of that.
I know I would always prefer vector over raster but someone might like photorealistic characters of which there are none available on Content Paradise for Anime Studio. Could be an opportunity for someone on the forum to specialize in that category.

D.K
Hey DK,
I'm just responding to your comment a while back. I'm totally new to AS, so I'm still learning the vocab and everything that goes with it. But your comment before seems to suggest that if you want a more realistic looking character, vector models aren't the best way to go? Maybe I'm just misunderstanding. Thanks for clarifying in advance.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Matsuemon.

I would have to say yes but they would be quite hard to set up so they did'nt look like they were animated cut outs. With a 3D application like Poser you could render the different parts of your character in many different angles and then bone and place them under a switch layer...then animates them. but the point being...if you had a 3D application it would be already set up to animate your character without reconstructing in AS with switch layers so there really would be no point....unless you wanted a different style of animation.
The other way is to use 2D vector and go for a semi realistic Manga type look using soft fills and good quality drawings.

Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

If anyone has been posting questions here and there has been no response from me please let me know.....for some reason I have stopped receiving email notfications on this thread.

Cheers
D.K
wena

Post by wena »

DK

I had posted one back in January, however, I have found out how to use switch layers now.

But having said that, I am very grateful for all your advice and help, as well as your products on Content Paraise.

Thank you.
DK

Post by DK »

My apologies Wena :oops:

Cheers
D.K
Matsuemon

Post by Matsuemon »

Hey DK,
Wow, thanks for the info on Content Paradise. I totally agree with what you and some others have said, about setting some standards and making sure we know what we're getting. That is very reasonable of them to take 30%. So can anyone just create a background, scene, prop, etc and submit it to them to sell? What is the approval process like, I wonder? I have plenty of time on my hands and could easily create some great scenes and backgrounds in Photoshop or GIMP.

Keep up the good work, DK. I think your content is great and I may be buying some soon!

--Jason
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Matsuemon.
Thanks for the compliments mate. The approval process is pretty straight forward. There are some paperwork that have to be signed and exchanged and that's about it. Setting up each product can take a while but it's a permanent thing once it's done and all runs on auto pilot. Great for a bit of pocket money depending on how many products you create that people actually want. That's the secret ;)

Cheers
D.K
Matsuemon

Post by Matsuemon »

Hey DK,
Speak of the Devil. I was just looking at your stuff on CP. I love your fireplace prop. Can you actually animate the flames?

Yah I would think there are so many different sets and backgrounds a person could create, that would be valuable in many different kinds of stories. For example a small office of some kind (Private investigator, lawyer, etc), various living room or house interior settings, cityscape backgrounds, etc. I'll have to get some stuff worked on and see about submitting it. I figure if I'm going to go to the trouble of creating a good character or background, I should let other people use it, too.

Anyway, talk to you soon!

--Jason
DK

Post by DK »

The flames in the fireplace are pre animated. People seem to like things like that where all the boring animation is pre done.

Cheers
D.K
wena

Post by wena »

Am I missing something D.K? I was looking at your products on Content Paradise and found you "Brickwall" vol 1, it refers to it as an animateable brick wall, surly brick walles don't move!!

I have had a bitmap brick block for years, in my animations I have used it many times. With the use of Gimp I have put block on top of blocks to creat large walls then where I want a door or window I just cut a squear there, but the wall dose not and should not move.

Tell me what do you use the "Brickwall" pack for?????

Wena

from South Wales, U.K.
DK

Post by DK »

Hi Wena.
Sorry for the misunderstanding....this brick wall is part of the Loopy series of backgrounds that I create. All the Loopy backgrounds are pre animated scrolling backgrounds. These are used for scenes where you have a character that is walking/running along and the camera is fixed on the character. The backgrounds will move or scroll endlessly with the character while the camera stays fixed.

You can adjust the speed of all the Lopy backgrounds very easily to match whatever scene you are making, fast or slow by dragging the timeline marker left or right.

Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Here's a sample where you would use a moving brick wall.

http://www.polliefillers.com.au/forum/DKgossrun.swf

Cheers
D.K
dentalplans

Post by dentalplans »

Does Content Paradise provide a standard Product License Agreement?