Switch Layers Sticks

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

pihms

Switch Layers Sticks

Post by pihms »

I have created a face in ASP. I have the mouth, eyes, and eye brows each in their own switch folder. Each has different views of the features. For example, in the eye switch folder, I have a layer with open eyes, another layer with closed eyes, and so on. For some reason, beyond me, whenever I click on one of the eye switch views, the brows will also change to a different brow switch position even though both the eyes and the brows are in different switch folders. I can't seem to figure out why that would happen. Shouldn't both switch folders run independent of each other?

synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The only thing I can think of is that you are clicking from a vector layer in one switch layer to another switch layer. Having a vector layer inside a switch selected shows that layer instead of the active one. Selecting a layer outside of this switch will show it revert to the active layer.
pihms

Post by pihms »

I think I understand... So, how do I make a layer the active layer. I was thinking that the layer that I clicked on, within the switch layer, was the active layer at the moment of clicking on it. :?: I guess I also don't understand what makes a layer the "active layer".

Thanks for your input.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Set all vector layers invisible and check them one by one. The most common mistake is to accidentially have the same content in multiple layers. Happens to me in Photoshop as well ...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Right-clicking a switch layer will open a drop down menu where you can select which layer is to be shown. Probably should go through all of the tutorials in Help>Help..., as this is covered.

:wink:
pihms

Post by pihms »

Thanks. You're right. I was thinking that last night. I need to really go through that Help and tutorials completely.

I appreciate the help.

:D