LOOKING FOR PARTNER

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

scottycb

LOOKING FOR PARTNER

Post by scottycb »

I'm discovering new ways of using AS with video. I have the capability of aerial filming and would like to colaberate with someone to develope web vids. Check out http://www.youtube.com/laughingnomore
I think this could be really cool.
Hexpigge

Post by Hexpigge »

I am not going to join to your project, and this is wrong section... but I am going to do the same :) 10mins episodes :)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I visited your site, and I thought the rc helcopter footagewas very nice, but I'm at a loss as to how AS animation could be used with this footage in any interesting way...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

Well, I must admit, the footage I have now is not that useable but I can get just about any footage that we need. That is why I'm looking for a partner. I need someone who sees the potential and would like to build on it.
I have ideas but everybody I know is either too bussy or not into it.
I think some really cool stuff could be done if I can just find someone to work with.
Can't you see the potential here? If not, that's cool. I'm sure someone will.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

You would be better off looking at the movie industry for possible partnership. Or better yet look at the independent film makers who might want to use something like this but can't afford the overpriced "professionals".

Another issue is camera stabilization. Unless the shot is specifically an airplane or helicopter scene... during a high wind... or while being shot at... the footage is a bit choppy. Some software stabilization is going to be needed for serious use.

For animation use it's going to be limited to some animated space ship or flying character composited over the aerial footage... it's a "one trick pony". I don't see basing an entire animation on this.

I think if you want a "partner" as in an "investment" or promotion type thing you should look to the advertising or short film area that might need some short aerial shots and not have a huge budget.

-vern
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

Thanks for the suggestions.
The videos i've shot were just random flying arround. I need to shoot with some composition. And it is very stable.
I don't intend to base a whole thing on this. It's just an added capabillity that isn't widely available, at least at a reasonable price.
And no I'm NOT looking for money. I'm just throwing this out there to see if I cand get some networking going.
Like I said before, everybody I know is either too bussy or too stupid to understand what I'm trying to do.
I understand you have no use for this capabillity but, I'm sure somebody will be inspired by it and we could do some cool stuff.
Vilma

Post by Vilma »

I don't know what kind of things you would animate but here's one idea of how to use homevideos in collaboration with animations.

http://www.theguys.fi
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

that's pretty cool.
Smoof nickel

I think It has potential

Post by Smoof nickel »

You should look for some more people who can use like photoshop, and other programs that could really make this look good, like you could have some kind of war scene with planes flying around, the RC hellicopter could shoot rockets out and stuff but I suggest trying to find people all over, a website I'd suggest would be Newgrounds.com, they have lots of flash experts and most of them use photoshop and other programs. Also you might want to try some youtube videos? Good luck man It has potential :D
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

OK, here is my first attempt. It's very simple but illistrates some potential.
Please be kind with criticism.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VGmjHdC-Y
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Looked pretty cool. Here's a suggestion:

Take the CD with the song you used in the soundtrack and set it immediately on fire and then put out the flames by smashing it to pieces with a steam iron. I would guess the name of the CD is "MAHW BLAR BOO GOHR" based on the lyrics (?) in that song.

Other than that it looked pretty good.
~Danimal
scottycb

Post by scottycb »

Sorry bout that. I'm still working on my audio skills. That song was an audio swap from youtube. More improvements to come.
Trying to figgure out what to do next. That video footage is just flying around randomely. Going out today to get more useable footage.