Help for my daughter?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lisa

Help for my daughter?

Post by Lisa »

She just got Anime studio 6 and is going through the tutorial step by step. (we even downloaded the updates) The first part where it tells how to make the bones has her baffled. When she manipulates the bones, the bones move perfectly but the arm around it does not.
We can't seem to get the "bind points" to come up!
Help please!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

When you create the bone layer you have to move any layers you want it to control into the bone layer, creating a nested layer. You hold the mouse over the layer to control (say an arm), click/hold and drag it up into the bone layer (it will become highlighted). Now the bones should control the other layer and the bind points tool will become active.

A note on the binding points tool: select the bone on the bone layer, THEN click over to the layer it's controlling to select the points. Once selected, hit space and they will become bound to the bone you selected.

I hope that helps!
~Danimal
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Thanks! we'll give that a try and see how it goes! (We may be back with more querries! Thanks so much!

edit:

ah ha! We got it! Thanks! Funny how something so simple can get one so confused! haha