Looking for video tutorials, maybe

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eDee

Looking for video tutorials, maybe

Post by eDee »

I have anime studio debut 6. I've been reading through the manual, but I can't seem to put what I need together.

I think it's pretty simple, I want to show an image and under the image have letters pop up. I need to sync this with audio.

For example I need to show an image of a cup at the top of the screen, then the audio will say "CUP" C - U - P "CUP". As I spell the word "cup" I need the letters to pop up.

I created the letters (and numbers) in PhotoShop, I have the script and all the images I just need to put it all together. It will look something like this (there is no audio in this example): http://stuckathomemom.com/flashcards/ Of you scroll down and click start it will go through adding and spelling.

What I want to do will look a little different, but the idea is the same.

Is there a tutorial or maybe a few that would show how to pull in or record the audio and how to sync it with the images?

There are no bones, I'm not creating any images within the program, just audio with between 15 to 30 words that I need to sync with a lot of images LOL
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Making the letters pop up would be an easy enough task. The way that pops into mind for me would be to put them on layers and then make them invisible until you want them to appear in the animation, then make that layer visible.

When the audio file is imported it shows as a wave so finding the spots where you say the letters would be simple enough, then you would just add the keyframe to make eah layer visible.

Just make sure you don't accidentally put an "I" in there because then that would spell "I-C-U-P" and that's never good. :lol:
~Danimal