flickering layers, re-optimizing layers-pleeeeze help

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

moonaleesa

flickering layers, re-optimizing layers-pleeeeze help

Post by moonaleesa »

This is probably a stupid question but my english is not that good , so i couldnt find an anwer by searching the forum. I hope you can understand me and help. That would be great.

I made a pretty complex animation of a talking man. I worked very hard to get my illustrator file into anime studio. Now the animation is pretty compley, but finished and looks very good.

The problem is, when i export it as an swf it has so many bugs!
Sometimes you see layers that disappear for a moment or some layers disappear completly. Why is that?

And the most important thing:
I did it all in vector because i needed to have a veeeery small file. Now the file is pretty big. Why is that? I did it all in vectors?!
As an swf it should be very small- right?

Another question i have: In the beginning i had only one layer with a small red dot ( not optimized) and afetr working a while, suddenly a of layers have a small red dot? How can i optimize the layers again? maybe that has to do with the solution???

I´m pretty desperate- i hope one of you guys can help me out?
Sorry for my strangenglish :)

Lisa
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

1. The red dot indicates an optimized layer which will be treated as a symbol in Flash.
2. An Illustrator file is probably not the best way to start a character if you're aiming at a very small file size.
3. If you really need to optimize stuff for small file size, you need to do that in Flash. AS uses the SWF format only as a container to get the vector information over to Flash. AS doesn't use the many tricks of Flash, like symbols and movie clips, to keep files very small.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Yep. Far as I can remember AS kind of saves each frame of animation in SWF, so instead of optimised vectors getting pushed around, you have a flash file that has every frame saved as vector information, like each frame is a keyframe with data for all the vectors, so you end up with a large file.
moonaleesa

thank you

Post by moonaleesa »

oh crap...that´s bad, i guess i have to start all over. So it seems anime studio is not good for small webanimation after all...
Thank you very much for your help.
Bye!
Lisa
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

AS is good for animation, it's just not the right tool for really optimizing your output in terms of filesize.

I use AS and Flash both, so for me it's not a problem to create animation in AS and tweak it further in Flash.