Moving Vector+Bones together in Frame 0

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Peteroid

Moving Vector+Bones together in Frame 0

Post by Peteroid »

I am very new, so forgive this (and future) basic questions.

I am composing a character in frame 0. I have a Vector Layer associated with a Bone layer. I want to translate them both up as a unit so their relationship stays spatially in tact.

I have tried selecting both layers and Translate Layer, but they seem to move at different rates (I'm sure I'll know why as I get more advanced).

Thanks in advance!
crsP

Post by crsP »

Try putting them in a group layer, and translating the group.
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

crsP wrote:Try putting them in a group layer, and translating the group.
Thanks for the swift reply!

Actually, as it tuns out, a Bone Layer IS a Group Layer!

In my experimentation, it seems that if you want to move everything at once you must CLOSE the directory and then translate the Bone/Group Layer.

If you expand the directory and only select one layer, it moves independent of the others.

Oddly, if you select all the layers in a Group Layer while expanded, the layers all move, but at different rates, thus skewing the Layers away from each other spatially. This last thing I'm not sure what its purpose is...
crsP

Post by crsP »

I would posit that the vector layer is moving on it's own translation PLUS the translation of it's parent - in this case the bone.
Peteroid

Post by Peteroid »

crsP wrote:I would posit that the vector layer is moving on it's own translation PLUS the translation of it's parent - in this case the bone.
ahhh... i get you.... I'm asking to move both layers, but moving the bone layer moves the vector layer as a slave in addition to my moving the layer, hence he double translation! :)