How do I sort my actions?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lukas

How do I sort my actions?

Post by Lukas »

Hello,

I've got some pretty complicated rigs with lots of actions. But the list of actions is quite long and not ordered at all (the newest ones are at the bottom, but that doesn't make much sense).

Is there a script to order them by alfabet?

That way at least these;

Walkcycle
Walkcycle-start
Walkcycle-stop

would be next to each other. Which would be AMAZING.

Anyone?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I guess it's not possible?
theotherguy

Post by theotherguy »

The worst thing about AS is it's weak library functions. You'd think files and file associations would be sorted automatically - nope. You could try saving multiple project 'versions' in the same folder or directory. That way you'd have access to more specialized actions i.e. one version that has all the walking movements.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Lukas wrote:I guess it's not possible?
People have complained about this in the past, and nothing has happened, so I guess you are stuck with what you have...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Wow, I'm so happy the developers listen to their users and update the nice functions people use that could work better instead of giving us half-ass 3D functions and physic-dynamics. Oh wait...
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I've never done it, but i believe if you open your AS file in a text editor you can re-order your actions... I've seen Heyvern talk about this before but never tried it so I can't be more specific than that - just BACK UP YOUR FILE before you start messing around! Find the actions by name, and re-order them in the text editor - should work.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

The rigs I'm using are way too big to poke around in a text editor. I'll just deal with not being able to sort actions.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

I asked about this a few months ago. It's not that hard to re order with a text editor. Hope this is a help.
viewtopic.php?t=17086&highlight=