How to key all bones at one touch?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animark

How to key all bones at one touch?

Post by Animark »

Hello,

I like to know if there is a way (maybe a script/tool) to get keys for all bones inside one bonelayer with one (or two) clicks.

At the moment I touch bone after bone with one bonetool to get the keys.
Another way is to make keyframes by hand on the timeline after selecting every bone.
Thats drives me away from concentrate on my animations and there must be a better way.

I've tested the All-In-One Bone Tool, which works fine, but made some problems, I described in that topic.

It would be very helpful to get an idea or a hint how to key all bones with one click :-).

Thanks from Animark
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Key Skeleton wrote by Mkelley works very fine for me. It's a button, so I assigned it the Y key. It's fantastic, one of my must have.
you can read about it here
http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... PIC_ID=194

And here you have a link to download
http://www.mediafire.com/?wyf52pbrubqk4bt
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Animark

Post by Animark »

Hi Selgin,

that tool is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for that hint. It was a little bit picky to install it as a button - it was the first time I did - but now it works. I've found the install tutorial at the kelleytown forum.

By the way, I've shown the machi-film to my students. They liked it and got good inspirations for what is possible to animate in ASP and is not vector-style. Thanks again for that too :-)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Nice to help you, Animark. That script is great and I try to promote each time there is an oportunity :roll:

You have been very nice on showing that short to your students, thank you and I'm glad they liked it.
Maybe I could send you some anme files of a couple characters so your student could see how they are made.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Hm, I use to select all bones (apple-a) in a bone layer and then click with the rotate or transition tool somewhere, this creates keys for all of them as well.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

slowtiger wrote:Hm, I use to select all bones (apple-a) in a bone layer and then click with the rotate or transition tool somewhere, this creates keys for all of them as well.
This tool make keyframes for rotation, translation and scale, so you get keys for all the skeleton movements really fast. It's nice too when you are using pen instead mouse, because with pen it is harder to click without moving anything.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Axlen

Post by Axlen »

I had a little trouble adding the key skeleton script at first, but after a little searching I found the answer. (MK_key_skeleton.lua, MK_key_skeleton.png)

The script and icon file get installed in the tools directory of course, but in addition the _tool_list.txt file needs to be edited.
Add a line like this at the end or where ever you want the button icon to appear on the tool palette.

(C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 6\scripts\tool\_tool_list.txt)

Code: Select all

button	MK_key_skeleton		K
In my copy of the file a I added a tool palette for Kelleytoons.

Code: Select all

group MOHO.Localize("/Tools/Group/Kelleytoons=Kelleytoons")
button	MK_key_skeleton		K
Mike Kelley's Key Skeleton script is actually a menu script, and you could install it that way it you wanted to, but because of the difficulty assigning hot keys to menu scripts an alternative is to install it in the tools folder and assign a key to it. Clicking on the icon does nothing. To make it work you have to enable it as a button that is assigned to a key. Mike suggests the K key.
Bifocals are both wonderful and a PITA.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

This is a must have tool. One thing to note is that this tool won't key bones in any sublayers, only on the top level bone layer.