Moving scenery first person perspective

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shift

Moving scenery first person perspective

Post by shift »

I am working on an animation from a first person perspective of someone driving down the street. How do I give the effect of buildings continuously passing by?

My Idea is to have two background images, one overlaying the other and change the Z access magnitude for each at different rates so that as one comes out of view you see the other moving toward you. Then make the first image transparent and reverse the Z magnitude back to it's origin and then increase the opacity again. Repeating the same thing with the second image and then setting those key frames to loop.

The theory is sound but I
a. Can't help but thinking I'm doing it the complicated way.
b. Can't help but wondering if I am reinventing the wheel.

If anyone of you LM members knows how to do it please enlighten me.
shift

Post by shift »

Brainstorming some more. I'm wondering if switch layers would work. How would I get the smooth moving effect with switch layers?
sbtamu

Re: Moving scenery first person perspective

Post by sbtamu »

shift wrote:I am working on an animation from a first person perspective of someone driving down the street. How do I give the effect of buildings continuously passing by?

My Idea is to have two background images, one overlaying the other and change the Z access magnitude for each at different rates so that as one comes out of view you see the other moving toward you. Then make the first image transparent and reverse the Z magnitude back to it's origin and then increase the opacity again. Repeating the same thing with the second image and then setting those key frames to loop.

The theory is sound but I
a. Can't help but thinking I'm doing it the complicated way.
b. Can't help but wondering if I am reinventing the wheel.

If anyone of you LM members knows how to do it please enlighten me.
There is nothing wrong with doing it this way. You could even do it this way in 3D.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Strangely enough I did a test tonight of some 3D buildings made in AS.

PM me your email address and I'll send it your way.