Can't get the 'reagan' like lip synch

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zamboknee

Can't get the 'reagan' like lip synch

Post by zamboknee »

I've got a photo I'm trying to manipulate similarly to the 'Reagan' example (4.3 tutorial) but can't get it to work.
I've put big bones to frame the face, small bones around the mouth so as to move it, I made one of the mouth bones the 'key' and set in bone constraints so they all are controlled by the key bone.
But when I go to move the 'key' bone, the other mouth bones all move in unison in the opposite direction of the key.
How do I get these mouth bones to operate in the same way as the 'Reagan' tutorial?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

The 4 bones around the mouth should not be parented to any bones. Select a bone then click on the reparent tool then click in open space to remove the parenting. Aslo make sure the other 3 mouth bones are constained to key and angle bone is set like the example.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
zamboknee

Post by zamboknee »

That did it! Thank you so much.
Could you explain this one a bit for me: "and angle bone is set like the example."? Not quite sure what you mean here.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I do not know if you name your bones so I'll just start from there. Name that bottom right bone on the mouth to key or if you have auto bone and shape name selected in preference it will be a number. Now select one of the other bones around the mouth and you will see a box named bone constraints appear on the top bar of AS. Click on it then check the box saying angle constraints. Now click on angle bone and select key or what ever number the bottom mouth bone is named, Next you set the numerical to w/e each bone is set to in the example.

..............................OR--------------------

Drag your photo into the bone layer of the example and line the mouth up with the bone and adjust your camera to fit the screen. Delete Reagan.

Also you will need to mess with bone strength tool for best results.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu