Motion Comics in anime studio

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

netta628

Motion Comics in anime studio

Post by netta628 »

I'm getting the hang of anime studio but I'm still new to animation. How to go about making a Motion comic in anime studio? I can't find any tutorials on the net about making Motion comics. Can I draw my characters in Gimp or Inkscape since that's a vector program and just animate them in Anime studio? thank you
Honoring my Savior Yashayah( christ real name) and my heavenly father Ahayah Asher Ahayah ( Iam that Iam exodus 3:14-16). Tribe of Judah. Spiritual Not Religious. like to draw but learning animation
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Just saw "SPIDER-WOMAN Motion Comic: Episode 1" on YT, and don`t see a problem to make it in AnimeStudio.

Gimp and Inkscape should do the job, just bare in mind which file types are compatible with AS, while exporting from those two.

Good luck!
Poptoogi

motion comics

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey netta628,

Since motion comics a basically story boards with a little animation to them, it should be easy to do in anime studio. You don't have to make vector artwork to make motion comics. As a matter of fact, I've never seen a motion comic that uses vector art. It all seems to use original hand drawn artwork. This guy made this motion comic in AS buy cutting out picutures in photoshop, added a cartoon effect and animated them in AS. If you want to add more movement to characters than simple slides, you should learn how to use bones on pictures and how to use switch layers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBSf6ooInJg
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Here is a more advanced motion comic that I bought recently.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjXO_rNblA4

Motion comics are just raster images with a bit of motion to them, which can be easily done in AS with image warping and camera effects.

AS could actually do a great job at those, and again, the best tutorial is to watch that kind of animation and use the tools learned in AS to do the job.

It always intrigue me to see all the peoples asking for specific tutorials, when the only thing they need is to learn how AS works and apply that knowledge to their specific needs, just a personal reflection here, not a pund!
netta628

Post by netta628 »

Thank you everyone for the help :)
Honoring my Savior Yashayah( christ real name) and my heavenly father Ahayah Asher Ahayah ( Iam that Iam exodus 3:14-16). Tribe of Judah. Spiritual Not Religious. like to draw but learning animation
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Motion comics don't really need a tutorial, since as stated they're just subtle movements of static art work. And in fact, don't really need ASP for this, any editor with a timeline and transform keys can do it. Even a plain ole video editor could make it.