One Character Voice does not export

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GranDan

One Character Voice does not export

Post by GranDan »

I have a 90+ second animation with 4 characters, all of whom speak, and some background audio. For some reason, when I export the animation to a .mov file, one of the character's voice does not export. The lips move but no sound. The sound for this character works just fine if I run the animation inside ASP8.01. If I make a clip of only the frames where the character first speaks and export that clip, the sound is there. I've reloaded the voice clips to no avail. Everything else works just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the one character voice to export other than segment the animation, export it in pieces, and reconstruct in ASP or another app?

Thanks!
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Does your render start on frame 1? If not, then you will need to use the sequencer and slide that audio file to the starting frame of the render.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GranDan

Post by GranDan »

Yes, I was starting render at frame 1. The first audio for this character however did not happen until frame 1030 and that is where the sequencer shows the clip beginning...which seems right to me.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

It seems you have every thing correct. Check the properties of the audio and see if it matches the rest of the audio you are using. It might be a rate issue.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GranDan

Post by GranDan »

I made all of the voice clips using the built-in recorder and I thought I imported them the same way. Could be I used a different app to tweak the audio than I did for other clips but can't remember now.

Anyway, I finally just gave up and broke the animation into 4 pieces and exported and put the pieces back together in MoviePlusX5. One of the two segments with voice actually had the voice sound in the segmented version; the other one did not so I just matched the clip to the video in MPX5.

Thanks very much for the effort!!