Not all actions available to all characters?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GranDan

Not all actions available to all characters?

Post by GranDan »

I created new characters by starting in the character wizard and adding heads, mouths, hands, etc. Then, I customized the clothing in ASP8.0.1 like adding printing to shirts, etc. I then saved them to an anme file and then loaded them into the library folder.

Why is it that these modified characters do not have access to all the actions that exist in the character wizard? Or, is there a way to give them access to all actions. It would seem that any actions that were created after the character was created are not available to the character when i try to use it in an animation??
jessetc

Post by jessetc »

Did anyone get back to you yet about why the actions aren't available in animations?
GranDan

Post by GranDan »

I subsequently discovered that the actions that are available to a character are only those that exist when the character is created if the character is saved to the Library. So, I had to recreate the characters that needed access to the new actions that I had created. I don't know why actions and characters (outside of the character wizard) are bundled but that is apparently the case.