How do I... Attach two bone layers?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoeyWeb

How do I... Attach two bone layers?

Post by JoeyWeb »

Howdy all,

Before I get into this (and as a bit of shameless praise) half the reason I bought this software is because how awesome the community on this forum looks.

So, there has to be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure it out.

I have a semi-transparent dome that should look like it's over a dude. There needs to be graphics on the dome behind the dude and in front of the dude.

I have a layer for the front and a layer for the back, but I'm trying to get them to move together. (Think the dome opening to the side)

I can get it to sort of work by putting the front dome and the back dome on their own bone layers and sticking the guy in between, but then in animation I have to do the exact same changes to both layers.

Any way to link them? A better option?

Thanks guys!

...bonus question. What are your feelings on fried pickles? I think they're mankind's highest achievement. My wife thinks they're "icky." ...dicuss.

(Seriously, thanks)
Lurnin' da kartoonin'
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

If the guy already has his own bone layer, create another bone in that which is not attached to anything (a root bone). Bind the two dome layers to it vira layer binding.
2ner

Post by 2ner »

I'm going to have to check this out. Do you mean garlic dill pickles? Sliced?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

They're big down here in the south (USA), I personally don't care for them. :P And oh 2ner they're usually sliced and battered then deep fried.
JoeyWeb

Thanks

Post by JoeyWeb »

Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I guess I'm trying to get the dome set up in a way where I can throw a bunch of different objects in it without too much difficulty. So the dude could be in there, or not. There could be multiple dudes.

So I think I need the front and back of the dome on two separate layers independent of potential dudes. Just want their movement to mirror each other.

...or I could be missing something (I am new to this software...)

And yes, sliced in little round delicious fried bites... *wipes drool off mouth*
Lurnin' da kartoonin'