issues with ASP9

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gregino

issues with ASP9

Post by gregino »

Hi, i've encountered some issues with asp 9, please tell me if i made some mistakes or if the problems come from the software.

At first, i can't import mp3 files anymore, it's not a big deal but i'm wondering why because it worked very well with asp8 ?

The second issue is about the vector noise, as you can see on the picture, there are some weird artefacts on asp9 render.

And the last issue i met is about the quicktime export, the file don't seem to have the same 'timing" than my original work,
and it's very strange when i look for his info into final cut :

Please tell me if i'm the only one with these problems, or if it's possible to fix them?
Thank you
Imago

Re: issues with ASP9

Post by Imago »

I've got the same problem with MP3. The render is fine, for now.
We need a 9.1 patch at Day One? :shock:
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Unable to duplicate noise problem, there seem to be issues with the 64 bit version... is that what you are using? (I use 32 bit version.)
gregino

Post by gregino »

I've the same problem no matter i'm using 32 or 64 bits.
I think it come from the software, because the render is fine with a simple shape, but the strange artifact appear when two shapes are connected...
Imago

Post by Imago »

Somebody got any advice about the MP3 issue?
I want to use ASP9 with my project, but I have to use ASP7...
My animation use about of 450 voice files, 200 sound effects and 10 music tracks, every one with the same proprieties! :shock:
And I can't reconvert them all because ASP9 rejects even WAV files! :cry:
Imago

Post by Imago »

I'm the only one who uses MP3 in animations? :shock:
Anyway, there is a possibility that the MP3 issue depends from installed audio codecs?
Please, anwer me! :cry:
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Imago wrote:Somebody got any advice about the MP3 issue?
I want to use ASP9 with my project, but I have to use ASP7...
My animation use about of 450 voice files, 200 sound effects and 10 music tracks, every one with the same proprieties! :shock:
And I can't reconvert them all because ASP9 rejects even WAV files! :cry:
What system do you run?
I have no problems to import mp3, wav or aif files in v.9, I'm running osx 10.8
Imago

Post by Imago »

I'm on Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit, Shark007 Audio Codecs and DirectX 11.
With ASP 7.2 the MP3s works fine, but when I load the same .ANME file on ASP9 the MP3 don't work, altough the MP3 Layer seems to work.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

MP3s use quicktime and Adobe has not released a 64 bit version yet of Quicktime. If you want to use MP3s in AS9 you will have to use the 32 bit version. This is not a bug or has anything to do with AS9.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Imago

Post by Imago »

sbtamu wrote:MP3s use quicktime and Adobe has not released a 64 bit version yet of Quicktime. If you want to use MP3s in AS9 you will have to use the 32 bit version. This is not a bug or has anything to do with AS9.
So... I have spent about 149$ to buy ASP9 64bit... To use the 32bit version? :shock:
I bought ASP9 ONLY to use the 64bit features! :cry:

I got it, I must reconvert all my 650+ MP3 files in 16bit, 22000Hz WAV files... :?

Anyway, thanks for the answer, Sbtamu, at least I know why it don't work! :roll:
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Yeah, I was excited about the 64 bit version too, but if it has all these limitations, then what is the real benefit (of the 64 bit version)? Obviously the smart bones, along with all the other changes is nice, but I'm a bit perplexed over the benefits of 64 bit. Can't use .mov anymore, which makes the AS 'Animation' codec obsolete. That was a great way to render for a nice balance of size and quality. People are having problems importing audio files, etc.

?????
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Imago

Post by Imago »

Actually, there are so many problems using 64bit version...
I'm very confused about it. :?
Really programmers are not able to solve the problem of 64bit codecs? :shock:
And why, after so many years, Apple don't release a 64bit version of QuickTime? :evil:

I feel a little scammed, here...
2ner

Post by 2ner »

We should all send Apple emails complaining that quicktime still doesn't support Windows 64bit.

This is the problem with Apple and their proprietary software. They try to force you to buy their computers. That's what they're all about.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

2ner wrote:We should all send Apple emails complaining that quicktime still doesn't support Windows 64bit.

This is the problem with Apple and their proprietary software. They try to force you to buy their computers. That's what they're all about.
I really like Apple products, but.... truer words have never been spoken (written).

I'll gladly pay a premium fee for a 64 bit, windows friendly QT version (since I'm on windows), but they refuse to offer it. Very Frustrating. On top of that, you lose AS's Animation codec. Which is great for small files that still provide great overall quality for internet uploads.

I Render everything on my C drive which is a SSD, which is the only HD I trust at the moment not to randomly die on me. But it's only 128 gigs. Rendering uncompressed AVI would eat up all my space when trying to put together a TV series (22 min episodes). It's GREAT quality, but 1.85 gigs for 10 seconds is not cool.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
Imago

Post by Imago »

The most incredible matter is: REALLY there is NO OTHER SOFTWARE that can replace QuickTime 64bit?
In the middle on 2012 we still are stuck by this kind of digital divide? :shock:
I think it's a shame, it's like walkman for audio cassettes in the '90s... :evil: