Multiple Switch layers

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

withoutaclue

Multiple Switch layers

Post by withoutaclue »

Not sure I'm going to be able to explain this well.

I have several switch layers each with interpolation on. I was wondering if there was some way that when I go on different keyframes I could change more than one switch layer at one time to control all the movement at the same time rather than individually. I had originally thought copying and pasting. But that caused shapes to go all over the place. Then I tried a different way and lost interpolation. Thought of setting up actions but seems like an awfully long way for short work or bones but have no idea how that would work. Any suggestions?

Should add that the switch layers are multiple copies of one vector layer.

Sorry. That doesn't even make sense to me. If you were going to make a centipedes legs but couldn't use bones because the end of the leg changes, what is the best way to go about it.
funksmaname

Re: Multiple Switch layers

Post by funksmaname »

I'm not totally clear on your issue (perhaps some images would help) but should make you aware that switch layers can hold bones, so you can control all child switches with bone(s) on the switch layer itself... dunno if that helps?
withoutaclue

Post by withoutaclue »

I have 6 vector layers in one switch layer. The switch layer then has to be copied about 30 times. I was wondering if there was any way to control them all at the same time. If I make copies the interpolation dissapears or moves about. Thought about making the action in the master (so to speak) then copying this however, I was hoping to change things in the future.

Trying to get some pictures.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Why that many?