Papagayo, Switch Layer, Mouth shapes...

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

FreshRich

Papagayo, Switch Layer, Mouth shapes...

Post by FreshRich »

Ok... I've searched the forums and tried to solve my problem, but for some reason my mouth animation test isn't working in MoHo.

This is what I've done:

1. Everything looks great in Papagayo, so I press "Export Voice" and save the file as a Moho Switch File.

2. I open Moho and create a new Switch Layer. Then I create separate layers under the switch layer that contain my lip sync images (for testing purposes, I used the Mouth 1 shapes in Papagayo - so these layers are 'Image Layers').

3. Ok... not sure if it matters what order the lip sync images are stored in the Switch Layer, but mine are, AI-WQ (with AI at the top).

4. Right... so, now I go to the Switch Layer, click the switch tab, click the 'Source Data' button and select my recently exported file from Papagayo.

5. I see keyframes in the timeline, but when I press the play button, I get nothing.

6. Anyway, I went ahead and loaded the soundtrack, so at least I can hear something.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
Rich
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Hmmm, tricky. I dont see the error in here, especially not at 01:00 post meridiem (cheers).

But u can upload and post your moho source or your export data.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

You must have selected the Switch Layer (or any other) in the Layer Window, not a sublayer of the switch layer...
genericdave

Post by genericdave »

Okay, this might be a bit silly but maybe you should try exporting it to see if it shows up after rendering. There might be a chance that it's just the preview messing up.
This signature is not clever by any means...
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Ramón López wrote:You must have selected the Switch Layer (or any other) in the Layer Window, not a sublayer of the switch layer...
Oh yes please check this first, before we spend days of discussion :D
myles

Re: Papagayo, Switch Layer, Mouth shapes...

Post by myles »

Hello Rich,
FreshRich wrote:2. I open Moho and create a new Switch Layer. Then I create separate layers under the switch layer that contain my lip sync images (for testing purposes, I used the Mouth 1 shapes in Papagayo - so these layers are 'Image Layers').
Did you remove the ".jpg" from the layer names of the imported images?
Papagayo (and therefore Moho) expects a layer name of "AI", not "AI.jpg".
FreshRich wrote:3. Ok... not sure if it matters what order the lip sync images are stored in the Switch Layer, but mine are, AI-WQ (with AI at the top).
Order doesn't matter, as far as I know.
FreshRich wrote:5. I see keyframes in the timeline, but when I press the play button, I get nothing.
If you can see the Switch keyframes, it sounds like you've done everything okay from the Papagayo end. The only thing I can think of immediately that would lead to lack of layer switching would be layer names not corresponding to the switch data file.

If the ".jpg" extension isn't the culprit, could you upload your .moho file and .dat file somewhere?

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
FreshRich

Post by FreshRich »

That was it - it was the file extensions. I removed the .jpg from the layer name and it worked great.

Thanks, myles.

Rich
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

:D finally he did it :D