Help! Question About Anime Physics. Nunchucks

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DonnyCage

Help! Question About Anime Physics. Nunchucks

Post by DonnyCage »

Okay, So I'm trying to make a pair of nunchucks. I need the chain and free end (stick) to swing freely, as my character moves his arms.

I've gone through the tutorial at least 6 times, and I've tried and tried and tried... I can't seem to get what I'm looking for, but I know it can be done.

So far, the CLOSEST I've come is using bone constraints (not the actual physics). It works fine, if I'm moving the handle of the nunchuck itself. But the moment I attach it to my character, it won't work unless I physically move the nunchuck (which doesn't look right. It looks like it's coming out of his hands). I need it to freely move, as I move my character.

I tried playing around with the physics, but I can't seem to make the free end just fall (while still attached to the chain)...

Any help? or Ideas? Greatly appreciated. Thanks!
DonnyCage

Re: Help! Question About Anime Physics. Nunchucks

Post by DonnyCage »

Well, what I ended up doing is making a group layer. Enabling physics. Making one of the sticks not movable (this goes in the hand). Then made one "link" (chain), pivoting on origin, and then the stick, also pivoting on origin.