Rescaling Objects

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Celticblade

Rescaling Objects

Post by Celticblade »

Hi all

I very new to Anime but dived straight in, I am using Anime Studio pro 10 and I have created a character's head on several layers and placed it in a layers group folder. But I decided I wish to make the face thinner so I scaled it by 80% on just the x axis. I now wish to save this character at the new scale (not saving at 80%). Is this possible ?

Regards Celticblade
slowtiger

Re: Rescaling Objects

Post by slowtiger »

Best advice is to do changes like that only within the layers and scale the points to your liking. Don't use layer scaling, since this will almost guaranteed get you in trouble later on.

You could just duplicate your character, use one as reference, and in the other, set all layers to 100% and scale the points directly.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Celticblade

Re: Rescaling Objects

Post by Celticblade »

slowtiger wrote:Best advice is to do changes like that only within the layers and scale the points to your liking. Don't use layer scaling, since this will almost guaranteed get you in trouble later on.

You could just duplicate your character, use one as reference, and in the other, set all layers to 100% and scale the points directly.
Ah Ok.. I will have to be careful. I was hoping it was something that was easy to do and I was just missing it.

thanks
Celticblade