Content library stopped working.

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

Content library stopped working.

Post by sargumphigaus »

so my content library which holds all my characters, special effects and what have you...............................HAS STOPPED WORKING! I activate it, and it just won't load. the window will pop up and the icons just don't show up. This is a serious flaw. I mean, for all the trust and effort I threw into this program, it literally turned around and raped me in every sense of the word. I've restarted the program, I've restarted my computer, I've tried all that simple crap you'd try if something stopped working. Nothing. It's just a brick wall of progress and i really don't need this right now. Can anyone help me?
synthsin75

Re: Content library stopped working.

Post by synthsin75 »

You can still access all the library content manually, whether in your custom user folder or the program directory.

I have found that right-clicking and selecting refresh in the library window seems to correct problems.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I've tried that, and it doesn't work. The window is so broken that the icons for characters, scenes, props and whathaveyou just load up in the form broken pixels, if they even load at all. I've uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, and the problem still persists. I can load the content manually, but I can't put it into other files. It's pointless without this feature to allow the transfer. I'm out of options, it's like the program just called it quits on me. I literally CANNOT use it anymore. I'm starting to think that the last six months of none stop working has been for absolutely nothing. This is absolutely devastating to me.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You can always import into another file by using File>Import>Anime Studio Object.

The library also relies on Internet Explorer on Windows (no idea what the dependency is on Mac), so IE could be the problem.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

synthsin75 wrote:You can always import into another file by using File>Import>Anime Studio Object.

The library also relies on Internet Explorer on Windows (no idea what the dependency is on Mac), so IE could be the problem.
That's good to know, and it worked out for me that way. But I still have no way of being able to save my rigs or anything like that. As for the internet dependence, I deleted my Google Chrome, changed my main browser my system to IE, restored it to factory settings, then updated it to the latest version. Still just a busted window. Having mentioned that this system has a dependence to the internet, could this be a technical error on Smith Micro? And is there anything I can do to shut it off of internet dependence? Because clearly this isn't working.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

You can save AS files just like you would add them to the library. No difference. The library is just AS files.

No, the library does not require the internet, it only uses IE as the "engine" that runs the library interface. If you have tried right-clicking>Refresh within the library window several times (took me about a 6 times to get it acting right here, and even then it takes some time to get up and running fully), then maybe you should contact SM support.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

synthsin75 wrote:You can save AS files just like you would add them to the library. No difference. The library is just AS files.

No, the library does not require the internet, it only uses IE as the "engine" that runs the library interface. If you have tried right-clicking>Refresh within the library window several times (took me about a 6 times to get it acting right here, and even then it takes some time to get up and running fully), then maybe you should contact SM support.
That's extremely good to know. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin much. I'm back on track.
maxie-online

Post by maxie-online »

If anybody encounters this problem again:
In IE settings, under "security", disable "smart screen" for the time you work in AnimeStudio.

I did this and - voila - the library is working again!
(Finally! - Of course, one can do without, and I had to, via importing files. But with a working library ASP is so much more fun!)