some problems with bones deformation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

labonneanime

some problems with bones deformation

Post by labonneanime »

hello ladies and gentlemen

:)

i do own my personnal version of anime studio pro 8 and i come to you because i have the same problem each time.
in fact i see some deformations of bitmap part of a body , when i move it with bones. perhaps have you some advices
to give me ? i did try some case of "impact" of bones with areas to make after rigging but i didn't success to make
better

please accept my appologies for bad english sentences and thanx for help by advance

regards

stephane - labonneanime.fr
labonneanime

Re: some problems with bones deformation

Post by labonneanime »

hello all

i still have problems with bitmap unwanted deformations when acting the bones

do i have to transform all bitmaps on vector files or does it still the same problem ?

thanx a lot for helping me

regards

steff
Genete

Post by Genete »

Perhaps an image of the problem could help to understand it.
-G
labonneanime

Post by labonneanime »

hello genete

oooppps i forgot this week to answer you

see you next week to show you

regards
labonneanime

Post by labonneanime »

here i am

so the image

_in fact most of times, my pngs are deformed buy assembling on frame 01 and / or animating it

some people told me about putting in svg and if any mistake in animation, push the points on several keyframes to ajust and get the animation better :)

hope to be better understood and accept my appologies due to bad english level

regards
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

One thing to try to do is to adjust the bone influence or strength to cover more of the image that a bone should be controlling. Bone strength determines how much of the image that a bone controls.

You said you have version 8? If you upgrade to the latest version you could use the "use selected bones for flexibinding" feature to limit the number of bones controlling a single image layer. This means though, that the image should be in "parts", one arm would be a single image layer, then select just the arm bones for flexibinding.

Another option is to not use bone warping at all. In the image layer options, there is a check box to "warp using bones". Uncheck that box.

If the image is not deformed by bones you need to use layer binding to control individual image layers by binding the layer to a bone. This means you can't use "one big image" for your character. You would need to break it up into parts.
labonneanime

Post by labonneanime »

hello heyvern

thanx a lot for helping me :) i have the french version but after animating under tvpaint animation this aftertoon, i will give a try
to the warp using bones. of course i do be used to make several parts for a hand and all. i go to see it further. thanx a lot