Animate my scanned drawings?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

scotcampbell

Animate my scanned drawings?

Post by scotcampbell »

How can I import my drawings into anime studio and put them sequentially on the timeline simply to animate them. I tried importing images of my scanned work but it won't separate them on the timeline. I don't want to retrace them or vectorize them because they lose their life. I just want to animate MY original drawings.
lawnmower70

Re: Animate my scanned drawings?

Post by lawnmower70 »

save them in a switch layer, then just switch to the pic you want to show.
Livestreaming games and Anime Studio usually every night starting around 9 eastern time.
www.twitch.tv/stugots70
707dragon707

Post by 707dragon707 »

Or even better theres this image sequencer embedded script you can use.http://www.hubumedia.com/anime-studio-s ... yer-script
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In the scripts menu (Pro only) use Scripts>Image>Import Image Sequence.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

scotcampbell wrote:How can I import my drawings into anime studio and put them sequentially on the timeline simply to animate them. I tried importing images of my scanned work but it won't separate them on the timeline. I don't want to retrace them or vectorize them because they lose their life. I just want to animate MY original drawings.

Are these images frame-by-frame "tweens" (if so Synthsin75's advice is good). But if they're storyboard or extreme keyframes and you need to make the transitions between them in AS you'll need to do something else. And exactly what that "something else" is will depend on how different the individual drawings are... For example: can you readily morph one into another or are the poses completely different - e.g. pic 1: someone's face in CloseUp ; pic 2: long shot of them running away from camera... IOW how far apart are these "extremes"? And will you need to hand-draw other breakdown frames? If what you have is, in effect, a graphic novel you might find that Motion Artist is a better tool!