SWF export with effects? Transparent background export??

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

SWF export with effects? Transparent background export??

Post by Poptoogi »

I've come across this problem before but I wanted to see if there have been any improvements that anyone knows about when exporting swf files. I would love to use swf files on my website (a wix website) as the file sizes are super tiny and I can scale them to any size without having to worry about the resolution or quality. However, AS does not render strokes and effects correctly and sometimes just plain doesn't work so I was wondering if this is still the case or is there a work around? If not is there any other format type I can export while keeping the background transparent? Any thoughts or suggestions would be really helpful!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
jahnocli

Re: SWF export with effects? Transparent background export??

Post by jahnocli »

I've used AS a lot in the past to export .swf files and I always had problems. If you want super tiny swf files, for instance, I would advise against using Anime Studio, because it always exports a movie as a collection of single frames. Use Flash if you want small file sizes -- you can take advantage of using instances and libraries etc. I'm a big fan of AS, don't get me wrong, just not for this kind of stuff.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?