Transparent export not working. Possible?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

uncle808us

Transparent export not working. Possible?

Post by uncle808us »

Mac Anime Studio Pro 11 64 bit.
After a search I found no answer. So here is my question.
I would like to export an animation with a transparent background to overlay into iMovie 11 (9.0.9).
Is this possible with Anime Studio Pro 64 bit?
Thank you.
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
slowtiger

Re: Transparent export not working. Possible?

Post by slowtiger »

Yes, you can export animation on transparent background. You have to ychoose the right codec for this. On your Mac it should be Quicktime ProRes 4444, which stands for 4 channels: RGB plus alpha (transparent).
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

slowtiger wrote:Yes, you can export animation on transparent background. You have to ychoose the right codec for this. On your Mac it should be Quicktime ProRes 4444, which stands for 4 channels: RGB plus alpha (transparent).
Yay that worked.
Boy I have been searching all day for that answer one problem though, I have to drop the opacity in the clip back to 99% then the black goes totally away but I do have A small white outline around the Anime pro figure.
I appreciate your help very much thank you I can live with the white line as long as I'm getting transparency.:-)
I wonder why this information is so hard to find. Maybe it's just me. :oops:
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

In a new AS project the background is transparent by default. You can assign a colour to it in project preferences, this will show in all codecs without transparency, but is transparent if you choose a codec with alpha.

However, if you have any layer which covers the whole screen with something, this must be switched off if you want transparency.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

This is going great. I learned in Poser that if you render to a black background you get rid of a lot of pixelating around edges.So I changed it in animation studio Pro to a black background rendered at out with QuickTime 4444 and no white lines around my Little guy!
I thank you fro your help I really do appreciate it again thanks.
braj

Post by braj »

Is there a way to render video with transparency in Windows now? Image sequence won't help, I need an AVI with transparency to use within another animation app, Muvizu.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

AVI does not support transparency. You can export to MOV or PNG image sequence. Don't know if Muvizu supports either...or even alpha masking.
braj

Post by braj »

synthsin75 wrote:AVI does not support transparency. You can export to MOV or PNG image sequence. Don't know if Muvizu supports either...or even alpha masking.
Actually, I figured it out, AVI indeed does support transparencies, it is working as long as you use Uncompressed :) This is what I was trying to do, very rough, but you get the idea. I'm basically given up making anything full length in Anime Studio exclusively because I am disabled, doing it all myself including music makes me very scattered, Anime Studio while easy is still a level above where I'm able to cognitively operate much of the time, so I'm going to be using Anime Studio to add small animations within Muvizu, just background life things like birds flying by and special effects, and definitely title work. Anime Studio's 3D capabilities I think meld pretty well with Muvizu, more so than they would with most other 3D environments. Now that I have this all working I think the combo will be a flexible, and specifically easy way to do some storytelling.

The copter is an .ase object I imported from Sketchup, for real work I'll build my own, more simple stylized one. This is all just a test. The Anime Studio bit is the very crucial props. This is a basic test and I need to work on the animation, but I have the system down now, Anime Studio can, I think, really lend life to Muvizu, which is improving nicely but it is definitely enhanced by being able to add transparent animations easily from Anime Studio. Now I can make animated leaves from Anime Studio cast and react to shadows in Muvizu. I think it is a cool little combo. I think I can pull off the 3d style of the Muvizu world in 2D pretty easily too for the things I'll need.