Where do I install Papagayo?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kalander

Where do I install Papagayo?

Post by kalander »

Hello!
I'm new to this (as you might guess by Reading my subject). I have animestudio pro and have trouble getting the software to recognize Papagayo. I've tried downloading both the 2.0. beta and the older release and Papagayo works great by itself but it doesn't show up i anime Studio Pro. I've tried installing Papagayo in all the folders I could Think of in the anime studio-folder. Do you have any tips what I might be doing wrong?
sbtamu

Re: Where do I install Papagayo?

Post by sbtamu »

Double click on the switch layer and click on the 'switch' tab and click on the 'select audio sync source.' That is where you put the .dat.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
kalander

Post by kalander »

I've tried this but nothing happens. I apply the DAT-file and then when I go back to the Anime Studio Program and push play nothing happens. Then I go back to the switch layer and it says "NONE" and I have to load the dat.file again?
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

Have you created all the mouth shapes for your character, and are the named exactly the same (AI, not lower case ai, not image extension AI.jpg)?

If you open the .dat file with a text editor (Notepad on Windows, TextEdit on a Mac), do you see something like this?

Code: Select all

MohoSwitch1
1 etc
4 AI
7 etc
13 AI
16 L
19 AI
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

Papagayo is a separate standalone utility, not a plugin.

It doesn't get recognised by Anime Studio, it runs independently and generates a lipsync data file (something.dat) that Anime Studio (or other software) imports and uses to change mouth (or other) switch layers.

Oh, and a belated hello to you!