How to create frame by frame in an action?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Billybeanbag

How to create frame by frame in an action?

Post by Billybeanbag »

When I try to create an action containing frame by frame animation I run into an issue. I can create the action containing frame by frame animation and all is good. But if I come out of the action into the mainline and then go back into the action to edit, the ability to draw on the frame by frame layers already created is disabled. Am I doing something wrong?
Billybeanbag

Re: How to create frame by frame in an action?

Post by Billybeanbag »

Also, if I open up the action and the drawing tools are disabled for the frames already existing, if I create a new frame using the '+' as normal for frame by frame animation the drawing tools are enabled for the new frame (but still disabled on the previous frames). These too will become disabled once I enter back into the mainline then back into the action.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It is better to copy FBF keyframes to an action once created in the mainline. Creating new content in an action can sometimes caused problems.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Currently actions disable any vector/bone creation. It's because actions were originally designed to edit already created content. Anyway, with the inclusion of FBF feature, to be able to create FBF actions totally makes sense. Sadly you won't be able to do that in current version, but maybe it could be implemented in the future.

As workaround, you can create your animation in the mainline and then cut and copy the FBF keyframes into an action.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Billybeanbag

Post by Billybeanbag »

Thanks for replies.