Sharing Files Problem!!!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Sharing Files Problem!!!

Post by Poptoogi »

Hey all,

I've been trying to share files with others on this forum to either help users with issues they might have on their files or to share my files that I've made for tutorials or just to share in general. I'm using dropbox and I seem to be having a heck of a time getting files to properly download when sharing. Several times I've gotten files from other users and the extension that I receive it ".anime" instead of ".anme". I can not open the .anime files at all. Renaming them by taking out the "i" doesn't do anything. They are still unreadable. I'm using AS 10 pro so I don't know if that might be the problem or if it has something to do with the way dropbox shares or renames files. If anyone has a clue as to why this might be happening let me know! It would be much appreciated!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
slowtiger

Re: Sharing Files Problem!!!

Post by slowtiger »

Dropbox as well as email are not reliable, you should always zip your files before sharing.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

Good to know Slowtiger!

I'll see if that fixes the problem! Thank you for responding so quickly! As a test, I'm including a link to an old Anime Studio file that I've zipped and placed in my google drive. If you or anyone who reads this can verify that it actually works that would be awesome!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7mZAA ... sp=sharing
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

The burning skull downloaded and opened for me, although ASP had to convert it to the ASP 11 file format before it would open it. Maybe the file-sharing problem has something to do with people using different versions of ASP?

I use ASP 11 and my files are saved as .anime, not .anme.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, the file format was changed to .anime in AS11. Anyone using AS11 can export the file to versions 9 & 10, minus new AS11 features.