Poser: Animating from within ASP?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

braj

Poser: Animating from within ASP?

Post by braj »

I really like animating my Poser characters from within ASP, it works much easier than in Poser, but rendering in ASP doesn't give controllable shading and quality shadows. Is there any way possible to save the animation of a Poser character back into the Poser file via ASP? It would be really great of ASP had more sophisticated lighting, this wouldn't be a concern at all.

Edit: I am changing the topic to be in general about Poser animation from within ASP.
Last edited by braj on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
braj

Re: Poser:ny way toser animation back into Poser?

Post by braj »

And lo and behold, it actually does do it once you save the ASP file. Sorry, nothing to see here folks :)
braj

Re: Poser: Animating from within ASP?

Post by braj »

So, my big issue is lighting. Does anyone have any experience re-lighting from within ASP for 3d characters? Also not every control is available in my character, specifically the eyeballs. When reopening in Poser some of the animations are really extreme and need fixing, so if possible getting a decent render inside ASP would be preferable. I am going to be using the ASP output composited with Muvizu animation, so it needs to fit that basic style.
braj

Re: Poser: Animating from within ASP?

Post by braj »

Ah, one big downside to this idea is that there are not individual keyframes for Poser movements in ASP. I guess that nixes this idea, except in certain situations that may arise. How do most use the Poser functionality, or does it not get used much? I think one big thing it is great for is getting perspectives lined up and creating dynamic backgrounds. Character animation I guess may not be the best use. Using it for getting perspectives when animating though is also a big +.