Quickly select all current keyframes

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Quickly select all current keyframes

Post by Greenlaw »

Anybody know if there is a shortcut or trick to selecting only all of the current keyframes?

I know if I click on a channel icon, it will select all keyframes horizontally for that channel, but there doesn't seem to be an equivalent shortcut for selecting keyframes vertically down the timeline marker.

Normally, I use the selection marquee to do this but lately I'm having to be extra careful because there are so many keyframes in the timeline. Having a shortcut for this would be really helpful--for example, 'double-click the timeline marker arrow' or 'right-click > Select Current Keys' or something like that.

I'm aware of the Copy Current Frame command but that's not quite it.
synthsin75

Re: Quickly select all current keyframes

Post by synthsin75 »

Clicking in the timeline, under (at the bottom of) all the keyframes, will select all keyframes for the frame clicked. Might help to put the time cursor there, so you know where to click.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, that's great!

Not to sound critical but it could be a little better if clicking at the top did the same thing because the list of channels in the Timeline can get very long. I'll put in a request for that.

That said, this 'bottom click' shortcut is much easier and more precise than what I've been doing so thank you very much Wes! :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

It might help if you set a hotkey for Consolidate Layer Channels. Of course, then you wouldn't need to select more than the one key anyway.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's a good idea. TBH, I totally forgot Consolidate even existed. Early on, I dismissed it as a 'beginner' feature but I think there may be times where I'll find it useful.

Actually, I need to show this to my 9-year-old, who's learning ASP 11 right now. She's been animating traditional FBF since she was 6 or 7 but she's been a little frustrated with ASP's timeline--understandably, all those channels are a little overwhelming to her. I think Consolidate can help her a lot at this stage. Thanks for the suggestion!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, I don't ever use Consolidated Channels, but I'm sure I don't use AS as regularly/extensively as you either. Not working in a studio, I don't usually have the need to do much specific retiming (usually just retiming large segments of animation).
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah, I'm finding that Consolidate is definitely not just a 'beginner' feature.

It's not only useful for easily selecting all keys at the current frame but it makes re-timing 'pose to pose' animations much easier. Definitely worth a hotkey. (I'm using Alt-1)

Thanks for the tip Wes.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote:Clicking in the timeline, under (at the bottom of) all the keyframes, will select all keyframes for the frame clicked.
This vertical selection does not appear to work in MohoPro12. I have successfully tested in AS 10 & 11, but no joy in 12.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

SimplSam wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Clicking in the timeline, under (at the bottom of) all the keyframes, will select all keyframes for the frame clicked.
This vertical selection does not appear to work in MohoPro12. I have successfully tested in AS 10 & 11, but no joy in 12.
Sadly, that function was lost in v12.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Here's a script to do it instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/us8wn9ovh99z7 ... s.zip?dl=0

This is a menu script that will select all the keyframes at the current frame, for all selected layers. You can also make it a button if you want to give it a shortcut.
Last edited by synthsin75 on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Thanks!

I'm still using the Consolidate hotkey trick, but the other day I was missing not having this feature in 12. Will give your script a try today.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I just noticed that locking a layer to the timeline doesn't work with multiple layer selection showing on the timeline. Is that a bug or intended?
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

synthsin75 wrote:Here's a script to do it instead: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/536 ... e_keys.lua
Excellent. Does the trick nicely.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I updated the script (same link) to only select animated channel keys when using it on frame zero.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Hello! It's been a long time since I've written in the forum. I'm glad to see so many old glories still active. However I would need this script for a project I'm working on but the link does not work. Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance