bones

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

puzzles shum

bones

Post by puzzles shum »

been at this for while i can get my bones to move and work.is thier a step by step people can fallow
puzzles shum

Re: bones

Post by puzzles shum »

when i add the bones they dont move with the drawing they act independent
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It sounds like you're not parenting the bones in a proper hierarchy.

This is a very basic concept with Moho so be sure to go through the program's tutorials under the Help menu (Tutorials). 'Chapter 1 - Bone Setup' is a good place to start. More advanced rigging concepts are explored in 'Chapter 3 - Bones'.

When you're done, don't forget to at least skim the user manual. It explains the tools in further detail.
puzzles shum

Post by puzzles shum »

Greenlaw wrote:It sounds like you're not parenting the bones in a proper hierarchy.

This is a very basic concept with Moho so be sure to go through the program's tutorials under the Help menu (Tutorials). 'Chapter 1 - Bone Setup' is a good place to start. More advanced rigging concepts are explored in 'Chapter 3 - Bones'.

When you're done, don't forget to at least skim the user manual. It explains the tools in further detail.

i having trouble with bones i dont want the arams to move with the head or the whole body . i want very peace of the darwing to move separate
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

Work your way through Tutorial 3.1, as per Greenlaw's intructions.

In particular. look at the section on manual binding, and at the last part, "Go Back to Automatic Mode", instead of using step 4 as it is in the manual, instead:

4a. Use the Select Bone tool and select only the bones you wish to control the selected points.
4b. From the Bone menu, Use Selected Bones For Flexi-Binding. (That way, only the selected bones will control that layer)

For your example:
First, make sure you have a correct bone hierarchy (e.g. upper torso bone is parent to shoulder or "bicep"/humerus bones). You can use the Reparent Bone tool to edit the bone hierarchy.
Make sure each part (arm, torso, head) is on a separate layer.
Make sure the body part layers are children of the bone layer (drag them onto the bone layer, so they indent).
For each vector or image layer, select the bone(s) you want to control that layer and Use Selected Bones For Flexi-Binding.

Note: bones don't move with the drawing, the drawing moves with the bones - you move the bones like a puppet, and the body parts are affected by the movement of the bones.