stop animation playing

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

abd123

stop animation playing

Post by abd123 »

I keep using the spacebar to move to the screen to were I want but at the same time I make the mistake of pressing the play button and so If I have to go to frame 0 again. is there is a way to lock my animation to 0 so I don't accidentally go to next frame on the timeline?
obtusity

Re: stop animation playing

Post by obtusity »

I don't know if there is a way to lock the timeline, but you could alternatively:

Hold the right-mouse button (or pen button equivalent) to pan (move the screen).
or
Set another keyboard shortcut for Pan e.g. V, so you hold down V instead of the Spacebar. (If you hold rather than tap it will act similar to the Spacebar, returning to the previous tool in use.)
abd123

Re: stop animation playing

Post by abd123 »

obtusity wrote:I don't know if there is a way to lock the timeline, but you could alternatively:

Hold the right-mouse button (or pen button equivalent) to pan (move the screen).
or
Set another keyboard shortcut for Pan e.g. V, so you hold down V instead of the Spacebar. (If you hold rather than tap it will act similar to the Spacebar, returning to the previous tool in use.)
oh ok thanks for the information that was helpful!