Keyframes for gradients in styles?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Keyframes for gradients in styles?

Post by rylleman »

I accidently changed a style gradient in the midlde of the timeline so it's now animated.
Now I can't find any keyframes at all for this anywhere so I can remove the animation...
I have turned on view of all animation channels.
If I change the fill color of the style I get a keyframe in the "Selected Fill Color" channel which I can delete (Only keyframe in red Selected Fill, none in grey Fill). If I animate the gradient of a non Styled shape I get keyframes in the "Shape Effect" channel but for Styles I don't get this channel.

Do I need to do some special trick to edit this style gradient or should I just start over and file a bug report?
synthsin75

Re: Keyframes for gradients in styles?

Post by synthsin75 »

Using the Copy and Paste buttons in the style window, you can select the saved style for editing, copy it, paste it on a temporary shape, delete the unwanted keyframe(s), copy that temporary shape's style, and paste it back into the saved style.

In Moho12, the base style keyframes show when the style is selected for editing, but effects don't.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Thank you for that workaround! I´ll keep it in mind for next time, redid the style now.
I´ll post a bug report then.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Thank you again Wes, this workaround just saved my behind.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Always glad to help. I don't think I realized this was still needed for effects until you asked.