Smart Bone - Bone manipulation Tool doesn't show

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Smart Bone - Bone manipulation Tool doesn't show

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hi!

I avoided to get into the vsmart bone thing until now, because itb seemed way too difficult for me. Now I gave it a try. Unfortunately there's already the first obsctacle. The manual says: "Advance to a frame other than 0 (such as Frame 48) and bend the character’s arm with the Manipulate Bones tool."

Well, The manipulate Bone tool isn't active when I am working o the action tileline of said bone. (And yes, names are identical.)
synthsin75

Re: Smart Bone - Bone manipulation Tool doesn't show

Post by synthsin75 »

The manual is outdated. You use the transform bone tool.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Definitely, stick with it. If you're not using Smart Bones, you're missing out on a key feature that sets Moho apart from other 2D puppet animation programs (AE with DuIK, Harmony, etc.) I've come to rely on Smart Bones so much in my work, I can't imagine rigging anything without it.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Ok, thank you Synthsin, Trnslation Bone tool works. Wish the manual was up to date, tough.
Greenlaw wrote:Definitely, stick with it. If you're not using Smart Bones, you're missing out on a key feature that sets Moho apart from other 2D puppet animation programs (AE with DuIK, Harmony, etc.) I've come to rely on Smart Bones so much in my work, I can't imagine rigging anything without it.
I believe you and that is why I will now dive into it. I use bones, smart dial bones but then also a lot of point translating and correction, which is a huge work. I guess, smart bones will save some ntime and hassle, once one can really handle them. I will try my best to learn it.