System reset...?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Andropolis

System reset...?

Post by Andropolis »

Hello, party people. I'm using Moho Anime Studio 12 on a Mac, operating system "High Sierra" 10.13.3. I was using Moho for a while, drifted off to focus on other things, and now I'm back in it.

I've got a few problems that I can't figure out. One is that the appearance of my cursor has changed; the other is that I can't seem to create text without it being a word balloon.

I understand there are individual fixes to those problems, but I'm more interested in whether there is an equivalent of Flash's "reset essentials"; i.e., something that restores the environment to out-of-box status. I find myself investing WAY more time than I'd like trying to figure stupid stuff like this out, and I'm tempted to break down and purchase Flash on their stupid subscription-based platform. (Anyone remember the Macromedia days when you could get a cheaper, pared-down version of Flash?)

Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to quickly & easily reset my environment, you will be my friend. Thanks much.
Greenlaw

Re: System reset...?

Post by Greenlaw »

You can reset tools by clicking on the icon in the tool bar and selection Reset All Tools. I think this basically resets the tools to defaults, so I'm not sure it will fix your cursor problem. Give it a try though.

Also, Ctrl-Shift-Alt-L reloads everything. But if the error is coming from an altered or corrupted file, it's just going to reload that. Did you modify, add or replace anything? If so, try regressing what you did. (I typically make a dated copy of my scripts or resources folders before modifying the files, just in case.)

Those are some general suggestions. I'm not sure how to solve this problem specifically.

(BTW, the key combo above is for Win but you can use the Mac equivalent.)

Also, there are preference/config files you can delete that can reset Moho. I asked about this a long time ago for Windows to fix a problem. I don't remember the location but it would be different on a Mac anyway. Hopefully, somebody will have a better answer for this.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

For the balloon text problem, in the new text layer settings, change the 'select word balloon type' to none. For some reason, Moho seems to remember your last setting here.

With regards to the cursor, what exactly is the problem? I remember someone else asking this: https://www.lostmarble.com/forum/viewto ... =5&t=31529
I have a similar setup, and I think it's due to the res difference between the screens. I've also noticed popup windows acting strangely on the different screens.
Andropolis

Post by Andropolis »

Thank you to all. I appreciate the support.

At the risk of coming across as a dullard, I cannot for the life of me find a "select word balloon type" feature or anything similar in my Text Layer settings. When I double-click the layer, I get the following tabs: General, Shadow, Motion Blur, and Text. OH GOD, I SEE IT NOW. I looked at that before even posting the question, and I didn't see <none> there at the top!

As for my cursor, that seemed to fix itself when I installed the latest update.

Thanks so much. I am sure I will need to use that reset feature before long.

Peace out!