Strange render issue with hand rig

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lh123

Strange render issue with hand rig

Post by Lh123 »

Hi there, I was hoping someone could help with this little issue I've been having.

When I render a clip or a still image of a hand rig I made, there seems to be some odd color coming off of the knuckles of the hand. This only happens when the hand rig is small, and when I render the project in 1080p or lower. If I switch it up to 4k in the project settings, the problem goes away when I complete a render. I would like this issue to go away when I'm rendering this hand rig in 1080p and whether or not it's big or small. Any help is really appreciated. Here is an example of what I'm talking about:

1080p render of hand rig: https://ibb.co/foEpoT

4k render of hand rig: https://ibb.co/fSytF8
synthsin75

Re: Strange render issue with hand rig

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks like anti-aliasing of too many stacked shapes at the knuckles. If you can't reduce the stacked shapes, you might disable anti-aliasing, either for the whole project or selective layers.
Lh123

Post by Lh123 »

Hi Synthsin75,

I disabled anti-aliasing for the whole project and it does seem to work which is great cause I know what the issue is. But could you let me know how to disable it for selective layers? Turning it off on the whole project makes everything kinda distorted. Thanks so much!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

On the vector layer settings Vector tab, you can disable Antialiasing.
Lh123

Post by Lh123 »

Okay thank you, I appreciate it!