2.5D object/camera distortion

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

2.5D object/camera distortion

Post by DK »

Hi.
Just having issues with a 2.5D object V camera in Moho and wondering if anyone could offer some advice.
Created a Biplane from extruded objects that sit on x,y,z planes. The problem is when I drag this little
biplane past the camera it's wings and body extend out along the different planes dramatically the further
you drag it, to the point its almost unusable. I've seen people do this successfully before in Moho and wondered
what I need to do to get it to behave like a regular 3D object you can drag around anywhere around screen
without the distortion?

Many thanks for any help/advice.
D.K
synthsin75

Re: 2.5D object/camera distortion

Post by synthsin75 »

Put in an immune to camera group?
DK

Post by DK »

Hey Wes.
Thanks...I will try that and see how it goes.

Cheers
D.K
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

if you wanted some response to camera (rather than zero that you get from "immune") increase the separation between the object and the camera.

e.g. if you have an extrude thickness of 2 (on a layer with all default position/scale/rotation ...) then the near edge is at z = +2 and the far edge is at z = -2 With the default camera at 3.732 the distance between camera and near edge is 1.732 and the far edge is 5.732 away from camera. A "close enough" (but mathematically wrong) way to see relative "distortion" is to divide those numbers; so here you'll get a "distortion" of = 3.3. if you put the object at (say) z = -10 (and scale it up) then those numbers change to 11.732 and 15.732 and the distortion is 1.3 By contrast if you fly the object to have its near edge only 0.1 away from camera the "distortion" goes to 2.1/.1 = 21... Big numbers mean the front appears to be way way bigger than the back.

Bottom line: keep "3d" things a long way from camera or accept the relative "fish-eye" effects.

hth
DK

Post by DK »

Wow...thanks hayasidist!
I've been out all day but i will get straight into these suggestions shortly.
Cheers
D.K
DK

Post by DK »

Thanks again for the help guys. It worked a treat!

Cheers
D.k
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

glad you got it sorted!