Slideshow timeline - best way ?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

carlmueller75

Slideshow timeline - best way ?

Post by carlmueller75 »

I am puiing together a slideshow for my club with hundreds of photos.
This includes a title slide with the members name, followed by 5 photos for each member.
I have used iMovie and SlideShowMaker in the past to accomplish this.

I have used ASP 5 in the past, and just installed 11.

This time I want to use Anime Studio Pro 11 to do it, because I wanted to include my animated charater, which will push or pull the title slide of the members name. I feel it would best to do it here so I have full control of the animation part.
I already have the title slides for each member created in Photoshop and I have all the images ready to go.

I have a different character for each type of action... pushing, pulling etc.

I have many ideas for accomplishing this task, but need the best, efficient way to proceed with this idea. I only have enough time to do this correctly the first time.

So I guess my question would be, which would be the best way to incorporate the animated character with the photos, which would be a changing background. Layer the images and move each layer? Do it all on the time line with diffirent backgrounds ?
jahnocli

Re: Slideshow timeline - best way ?

Post by jahnocli »

When you say "slideshow", do you mean something which will progress automatically from first slide to last, or do you want the capability of controlling it in some way? Like pausing, repeating one or more slides etc.? If you want an interactive slideshow like this, you need some different software. I've got some suggestions, but it depends on what you want.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
carlmueller75

Post by carlmueller75 »

I need each slide to appear for 5 seconds, then move to the next slide.
I am thinking of using other software and only us AS studio to create the indiidual animated parts, then let the other sofware stitch it all together. I am trying to avoid the whole alpha channel issues and getting it timed correctly.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

IMO, there are better ways to do this but if you must use ASP 11 for your slideshow, pre-render your animations, then import each as a separate sequence. Set them to cycle. If they're static images, import each as an image layer.

Now put them all inside a Switch layer. Depending on your frame-rate, set the Switch keyframes to change layers at 5 second intervals. Render that as a movie and play it with your favorite movie player.

Naturally, this will be strictly a time-based slide-show with no interactivity. (Unless you pause and play the movie.)

If you need interactivity, I would use a presentation program. For free options: Google Docs has one called Google Slides, and there is also a presentation program in the LibreOffice and OpenOffice suites. (Google Docs generally requires internet connection, so the other two may be better options.) There are many standalone image browser programs that can play slideshows too. A Google search should turn some up.

Is there a reason you don't want to continue using the slideshow program you have? If you just want to add ASP animations to the slideshow, render them as movies or GIFs and include these as part of your slideshow presentation.

Good luck.