HELP WITH FONTS!!!!

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wendovervista

Re: HELP WITH FONTS!!!!

Post by wendovervista »

STILL needing help with this. Support is trying, but they keep asking for things and giving solutions that are so basic, I already did them before coming to anyone for help. HELP PLEASE! My business depends on the plethora of fonts I use.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just checked on my computer at work and I do see custom installed fonts in Moho there. We're mostly still running Windows 7 though, so I'm thinking this is a Moho on Windows 10 bug.

It's almost lunchtime so I'll take out my laptop (which has Win 10) and check a few more things there.
wendovervista

Post by wendovervista »

Greenlaw wrote:Just checked on my computer at work and I do see custom installed fonts in Moho there. We're mostly still running Windows 7 though, so I'm thinking this is a Moho on Windows 10 bug.

It's almost lunchtime so I'll take out my laptop (which has Win 10) and check a few more things there.

THANKS! Let me know what turns up on your Windows 10 computer.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I need to spend more time on this tonight but I looked more closely and it seems like many fonts from the system actually do show up Moho but I'm finding several that do not. It seems like any of the fonts I created myself and some that I purchased do not show up in Moho but show up in Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio and other programs. At first I thought it was a TTF vs OTF issue but that's not the case...both TTF and OTF fonts do show up in Moho, and among the ones that didn't show up, I tried both TTF and OTF versions with no success.

Will try to figure out what's different about these fonts that do not show up in Moho. I have an advanced font creation/editing program so maybe that will turn up something. Will let you know if I learn anything new.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

hey, i havent used an awful lot os new fonts in moho, but when i have they have showed up, can you name any of the fonts not showing up that can be tested on other machines.
wendovervista

Post by wendovervista »

amanandink wrote:hey, i havent used an awful lot os new fonts in moho, but when i have they have showed up, can you name any of the fonts not showing up that can be tested on other machines.
Here's a listing of the fonts that aren't showing up, but that I need most:
Showcard Gothic Reg.
Chiller Reg.
Colbert Reg.
Hombre Reg.
Cracked Johnnie Reg.
Creepygirl Reg.
Viner Hand
Vivian Reg.
Whimsy TT Reg.
Balthazar Reg.
Burton's Nightmare Reg.

Interestingly, the ONLY fonts showing up starting with "A" are the Arial fonts.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

I'm not sure about all of those but 'Creepy Girl' is one that does show up in Moho on my computer. Curiouser and curiouser.
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

Hey

I checked all of these, i had in install some, but all of the list showed up moho.

my fonts are stored here C:\Windows\Fonts
and when i went to the folder and I have arrows beside some fonts, these fonts appear in photoshop but not Moho
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IqCRRy ... sp=sharing
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

That makes it look like a third party font manager, Photoshop, etc. is installing fonts without registering them with the Windows registry...like Windows does if you install them yourself.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm. I'll try installing my personal fonts manually through Windows tonight and see if they show up in Moho.

If it works, at least this will help users who really need third party fonts in Moho. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain why Moho is the only program that seems to have this problem.
wendovervista

Post by wendovervista »

Greenlaw wrote:Hmm. I'll try installing my personal fonts manually through Windows tonight and see if they show up in Moho.

If it works, at least this will help users who really need third party fonts in Moho. Unfortunately, it doesn't explain why Moho is the only program that seems to have this problem.
Anything?

BTW, I had installed the fonts manually (basically dragged and dropped all the fonts from one computer to the other) and they all installed and show up in ALL my other programs BUT Moho.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Aside from suggesting you go digging in your Windows registry, which is dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, I'm at a loss.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm told some of the devs were able to reproduce this, so I guess they're looking into it.

Not sure what to do in the meantime. I'm a bit busy at the moment but will try to take another crack at a workaround later this week.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

One workaround is to use a program like Illustrator or Krita to save a vectorized type graphic as SVG from there. Not ideal of course but if you need vector versions of your font in Moho, that's one way to do it. Being vector graphics, you should be able to apply Moho styles to it as normal and apply other Moho FX.
wendovervista

Post by wendovervista »

Still waiting for the dev team to figure this out. The closed the ticket before anything was resolved. :x