Copy and paste layer problm

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Deepurana749

Copy and paste layer problm

Post by Deepurana749 »

As i coppy a layer after adjusting the size of it . and if i want to paste it in a new layer or a new group then the the pasted layer size and position is changed . is there any solution like illustrator ctrl+f
Greenlaw

Re: Copy and paste layer problm

Post by Greenlaw »

The issue is probably that the group or layer you're pasting into has a different proportion or position from the layer or parent where it existed previously, and this offsets what you place into it. Since you created the element outside of the layer/group, you'll need to scale and re-position it to align within its new location. If it has to be precisely done, you may need to do a little math. IMO, that would be overkill in most situations...but it depends on what you're trying to do I guess.

This is different from Illustrator where all the layers share the exact same scale and origin--only the elements inside the layer can have unique positions and scale. Since Moho's layers can be animated individually, and the offsets are added down the hierarchy, I'm not sure there's an easy way to do this.

A good rule of thumb: avoid scaling and re-positioning layers nested inside of groups precisely for this reason. At frame 0 anyway (the setup frame.) You can move and reshape layers all you want from frame 1 onward, and the layers will maintain their relationship from frame 0.

Tip: What I usually do is place everything in a 'master' layer and use that to globally scale the entire character, including the bones layer. Everything inside the master is created so there is always a 1:1 relationship between all the layers. (As much as possible anyway.)

Hope this helps.
Deepurana749

Post by Deepurana749 »

Greenlaw wrote:The issue is probably that the group or layer you're pasting into has a different proportion or position from the layer or parent where it existed previously, and this offsets what you place into it. Since you created the element outside of the layer/group, you'll need to scale and re-position it to align within its new location. If it has to be precisely done, you may need to do a little math. IMO, that would be overkill in most situations...but it depends on what you're trying to do I guess.

This is different from Illustrator where all the layers share the exact same scale and origin--only the elements inside the layer can have unique positions and scale. Since Moho's layers can be animated individually, and the offsets are added down the hierarchy, I'm not sure there's an easy way to do this.

A good rule of thumb: avoid scaling and re-positioning layers nested inside of groups precisely for this reason. At frame 0 anyway (the setup frame.) You can move and reshape layers all you want from frame 1 onward, and the layers will maintain their relationship from frame 0.

Tip: What I usually do is place everything in a 'master' layer and use that to globally scale the entire character, including the bones layer. Everything inside the master is created so there is always a 1:1 relationship between all the layers. (As much as possible anyway.)

Hope this helps.
thanks sir i am also doing same thing reshaping them ...
Deepurana749

Post by Deepurana749 »

Greenlaw wrote:The issue is probably that the group or layer you're pasting into has a different proportion or position from the layer or parent where it existed previously, and this offsets what you place into it. Since you created the element outside of the layer/group, you'll need to scale and re-position it to align within its new location. If it has to be precisely done, you may need to do a little math. IMO, that would be overkill in most situations...but it depends on what you're trying to do I guess.

Hope this helps.
hey thanks for your rply bt i solved my problm .. and its work like illustrator by adding script to moho match size tool or match height and width