problm with smart bone dial

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Deepurana749

problm with smart bone dial

Post by Deepurana749 »

while creating a smart dial for eye .. and making a eve movement all the steps i done is recorded in steps for example if iwant to look from left to right . the eyes gose directly after a certain frame in step ... even though i had slected smooth interpolation plz help me

is is frame duration greater is important for smooth translation because i used 5 frame for five translation
Greenlaw

Re: problm with smart bone dial

Post by Greenlaw »

If I understand correctly, you need to have enough keyframes in your smart bone action to allow for a smooth animation at slower speeds. Moho does not interpolation sub-frames when animating this way.

The number of frames used in a Smart Bone Dial (SBD) should depend what's animated, the distance the animation to expected travel and the longest duration the animation is expected to run, so use your best judgement in each case. I may typically use 48 frames for many things but could use as much as 480 frames and as little 1 frame.

That said, IMO, the iris is best animated by simply parenting it to a bone and animating the bone directly. This way you gain the most control in direction and speed, and always the smoothest interpolation. To me, there's almost no benefit in creating an SBD specifically for the iris unless it's to control pupil dilation or eyelid blinking.

Hope this helps.